Chapter 14

Hayley's pov

I just landed in Connecticut for camp. We are playing Mexico. First game is on Thursday and then the 2nd game is on Monday. I was pretty tired since I had to be up early for my flight.

I head off the plane and head straight to baggage claim. I wait a few minutes for my bag before making my way out of the airport and to my Uber. I get a ride to the hotel and head inside. Hope was waiting for me and hugged me as soon as I walked through the doors.

I took a step back and hugged her back.

"Hello to you too." I say wrapping my arms around her

"Hi." She says

"Hayley! Hope!" Says Kelley

"Hey Kel" I say pulling away from Hope and hugging her.

"We're up in the conference room." she says and we head to the elevator and head up together. We head to the conference room. Hope and I sit at one of the tables until the rest of the team arrives.

Christen, Tobin and Mal end up sitting with us and Jill stands up to start the meeting.

She goes through the schedule and sleeping arrangements. We didn't have much planned since It was travel day. We just had to make sure we we're home before curfew.

Hope and I ended up sharing rooms again so we weren't mad about It. A bunch of us decided to go to the pool for a bit.

"Hey Hayley, I heard about what happened. How's your dog?" Asks Alex as she sets her stuff down on one of the chairs.

"Hey Al, she's doing okay. She's home and recovering." I say

"Wait what happened?" Asks Kelley

"I was out on a ride with my dog and we got attacked by a bobcat." I say

"Oh my god, that's so scary!" Says Kelley

"Yeah, I was thankful I had my dads pistol or things could have been very different. She should make a full recovery." I say

"We're you attacked at all?" Asks Emily

"No, It jumped out of a tree and immediately went after my dog. I think It was because she was on the ground and I was a few feet off the ground since I was on my horse." I say

"I don't want this to sound bad but I'm glad you're okay and not hurt. I'm glad your dog is gonna be okay too." She says

"You're good Kel, me too." I say

Once Hope is ready we walk towards the stairs in the pool.

"Emily's been pushing people in do beware." Says Alex as she swims over to the edge of the pool.

Emily was turned around talking with Kelley.

"If she pushes me in I'm gonna act like I can't swim. Maybe it'll teach her not to push people in pools. " I say shrugging. We were in the middle ish of the pool so It goes from 4 ft, 6ft and 8ft at the very end. All of a sudden I feel someone shove me into the pool and I knew It was Emily because Hope yelled her name and said I couldn't swim.

"Em! Hayley can't swim! Says Hope and she jumps in after me  and pulls me up to the surface. I accidentally swallow some water and I start having a coughing fit as Hope pulls me over where I can touch the bottom on the pool.

"Hayley I'm so sorry I didn't know."  She says

"It was a joke, we were trying to make a point that you shouldn't be shoving people in pools if you've never seen them swim before." I say after finally catching my breath from all the coughing.

"Then why are you coughing?" She asks

"I accidentally swallowed water at the end." I say

"Karma's a bitch! You shouldn't have joked with me like that." Says Emily Playfully and I roll my eyes. Emily pauses before continuing.

"But in all seriousness, you're right, I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." she says jumping in the pool and hugging me. I hug her back.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for playing that prank on you." I say

"All good, definitely deserved It." Says Emily

"Yeah you did." Says Lindsey as she swims over to us.  Emily just rolls her eyes which causes everyone to laugh. Most of us stay at the shallow end and talk for a while. I could tell Hope was ready to get out.

"You wanna get out?" I ask

"Yeah sure." She says

We both climb up the stairs to get out of the pool and head over to our chairs. I was the first one to get to the chairs so I had Hope her towel before wrapping myself up in my towel. Once we're dry we both put our swim covers on and head back to our hotel rooms.

"You wanna shower first?" I ask

"Sure whatever works." She says

"Okay sounds good." I say smiling

Hope heads into the bathroom and showers and comes out after about 20 minutes.

"Left the water on for you so you don't have to wait for  It to heat up." She says

She was just in a towel at this point and pretty much had to force myself to look away.

"Thank you babe."  I say

I come over to her and kiss her on the lips before heading to the bathroom.

"And thanks for fake saving me." I say smiling

"Of course, I'll always be there to save you." She says

I close the door and head inside the shower and shower quickly. The water was starting to get cold. I wrap a towel around me and dry off before putting on a pair of underwear, a sports bra and some shorts. Hope already had vampire diaries ready for us to watch so I climbed in her bed and we spent the rest of the night cuddling and watching the vampire diaries.

We also ordered room service for dinner since we we're to lazy to head to the conference room. We honestly just wanted to chill out for the night and I wasn't mad about It. I ended up being the first to fall asleep and the last thing I remember is Hope kissing my cheek and wrapping her arms around me.

__________________________________

Sorry for the late update!  A bit shorter then I would like but I wanted to get this out since I haven't uploaded in a few days! I'll try to double upload tomorrow for this book and coming home (book 2)

Also if you have any ideas about this book or any of my other books please feel free to DM me! I'll give you credit  and a shout out if you want It!

Have a good night / day!