𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 2

1YEAR LATER

➼𝘼𝙎𝙋𝙀𝙉

       "You see him yet?" The voice in my hidden earpiece asks.

"For the last  time, no I haven't. "  Why on earth did I let him be my partner again?  "Just tell me when you see him, okay?"

"I will, he is a very noticeable man after all."

"True. Be safe okay?" He says with the concerned tone I've heard way too often. "Am I not always?" I say with a small smile, he probably could feel. "no actua-." I press the earpiece and cut him off mid sentence. 'Smartass.'

  I clutch the black briefcase as I walk closer into the tall building in front of me.

THE MORRETI TOWER.

A silver tower that stands at 1,345 feet. The same tower that holds the power to control my life is in there. I take a deep breath to calm my self. I finally notice the tall man with a tattoo on the right side of his face. I walk closer to him now griping my briefcase dear life.

  "Ms. Monet?" His deep voice questions. "Yes, and you're Lincoln?" I question, he nods and opens the door to the tall building. Lincoln Moreno. The  assistant to Vincent Moretti, he helps him with the Legal side of the mafia's work.

  We walk for what seemed like forever as busy employees moved all around trying to do their jobs. We walk to the elevator and get in. It was rather awkward. The stoic man next to me said nothing, and god knows I'm too nervous to talk.

'Ding'

The 30th floor. Where the DON and His heir reside in. Lincoln Leads me to his office. He knocks and a muffled voice tells him to come in. The leader of the Italian Mafia.

"Come, come sit with me." He said pointing to the chair in front of him. "Leave us Lincoln." He said. Lincoln nods and closes the door.  I sit down and look at the intimidating man in the eyes, I gulp. I wasn't scared, just nervous.

You sure aspen?

I take down men who are more physically powerful, but this man sitting right in front of me he's something else. The man who's intimidating eyes are scanning me, looking  for some kind of weakness. He rules the criminal world, no one can touch him. And he's  someone who can set me up for life.

"Your briefcase?" His deep voice says, breaking the silence. His accent was thick, Thank god I can speak Italian or else I'd be fucked. "Right." I answer putting the black briefcase on top of the table.  He opens the lock, and the huge lock makes an annoying ass sound.

"Papers?" He asked with a confused look on his face. "Yeah. you expected guns?" I said and let out a soft laugh.

"Yes. I mean you are an assassin."

"Why would I need to show my weapons to a man who basically controls the weapon industry? These papers are about all the people the mob is after. Isn't that better than a few weapons?"

He looked shocked and nodded his head. "Yes I suppose that would be better." he said now looking over the various documents on his desk.

"When will you and you're team be able to Move to Italy?" He said as his eyes leave the papers to look at me expectantly.

  "Anytime Mr. Moretti."

"Tomorrow then." I nod and a small smile crawled up to my face, but it was quickly removed. Wouldn't want to seem unprofessional.

"Well Ms. Monet, I guess I'll see you and you're team In Italy then." He said and got up to give me a hand shake, I shook his hand.

Oh my god I'm shaking Vincent Moretti's hand. "Okay sir." I quickly exit out of his office and go straight to the elevator, not before nodding to Mr. Moreno.