𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 13

- So sorry I barely update, I had finals this past week and I've been so busy studying. I really hope you guys haven't grown tired of this book. I will try updating more! Thank you all so much for reading! 

➼ 𝘼𝙎𝙋𝙀𝙉

I was nervous.

No.

I am nervous. 

I've been scared before, but not this scared. I watch everyone rushing to get things ready, especially Jennie. A scared look on her face. I should go calm her down.

"You don't have to be scared you know, I promise we'll come back safe." I said.

"You know you shouldn't make promises like that, what If you don't come back fine?" She says turning to look at me.

Fear.

"It's just a mission." I say letting out a small laugh.

"A dangerous one. Very dangerous." She says. "We'll be fine"

"Stop saying that Aspen. You don't have to go, you can all stay and we can tell Mr. Moretti we quit." She says nervously.

"No. we didn't go through all that bullshit, for us to give up because this mission happens to be dangerous. We are not going back to that life. You understand?" 

She nods. "Come on now, come do what you do best and debrief us. 'kay?" I say.

 We go into the meeting room and I sit down waiting for the rest to come.

Drew. Rio. Dominic. Andrea. and Roman.

They all sit down and glance at the paper in front of them. I glance at mine, the woman I'm supposed to be. 

Cara Ivanov.

"Aspen and Roman you both will be going to the Ritz- Carlton hotel in Moscow. From there you both will have a meeting with her right hand and the man who controls the weapons. Your business there is to show how trustworthy you are so they can buy weapons from you. You get their trust and half of the mission is completed."

"The other half?" Dominic asks.

"Ruin the plans the Russian mafia have against us." She replies.

"You ready?" Drew asks me.

"Of course."

  We all packed out bags and headed to the car. We said our tearful goodbyes to Jennie. She still had fear in her eyes. Not that I blame her. 

She pulls me into a tight hug and whispers "Be safe and please don't be too mean to Roman."

"I've never been mean, I'm an angel."

"It's a sin to lie Aspen, didn't you know?" "But I'm not lyin-" 

"Jennie!" Drew says dramatically coming to hug us and Rio follows him closely. We all hug  and closely. "Can we go now? I think I'm about to die."

"Shut up Rio, can't you see it's a sensitive moment?" Drew says smacking him in the head. Rio rolls his eyes at Drew's comment. 

 We enter the car and wave Jennie goodbye. The drive to the hotel wasn't long, we reach the big hotel and a bellman came to take me and Roman's bag to our rooms. I wave Drew and Rio goodbye.

"You ready partner?" Roman asks. "Of course I am." 

  The receptionist gave us a key to our respective rooms. My room was right in front of Roman's, just as Jennie planned.

 We take the elevator and he glances at me as I try to avoid his gaze. "You know, it really hurts me when you ignore me." 

"Does it now?" I turn to look at him as he rests on the elevator wall. His first two buttons on his white shirt undone. I could see his--

"What you looking at?" He asks. 

"Nothing." I say turning away from him.  He scoffs. "We should get more comfortable with each other partner. We need to pick what our relationship should be." He says.

 "As long as I'm not your girlfriend, I'm fine."

"Bummer." He says as the elevator rings and opens it's door. I walk out first and head to my room. 

"Rushing to get away from me?" He asks with a teasing tone. "Yes actually, I need some sleep." I say trying to open the door.

"Whatever you say neighbor." He says with a small smirk.

I roll my eyes and scoff, finally getting the hotel door to open.