Chapter 1: The dream.

5 years ago.

Nobody's pov.

It was a sunny day, nothing strange since it was August 3rd. For most people it was just a normal day, however, for (Y/N) it was the birthday of his little sister.

(Y/N): I spent my savings on this present, I hope she likes it.

He was coming back from buying her present, thinking about the reaction she'll have when he gives it to her.

(Y/N): She's probably angry at me for not spending time with her today, I'll have to repay it by playing with her the rest of the day.

Having decided his plan for the rest of the day, (Y/N) hurried to get back home the fastest possible. However, he was met with a scene he never expected.

(Y/N): Huh? Fi..re?

At first, he didn't understand what was happening. It took him a couple of seconds to realize the danger the situation really means.

(Y/N): Kotori!

Finally realizing the danger, instead of running to a safe place, he ran into the fire to look for his little sister.

(Y/N): Kotori! Where are you?!

Yelling her name, (Y/N) ran as fast as he could, looking everywhere, desperate to find her.

(Y/N): Is that...

After a while of running, he saw a little figure in the distance. It seemed to be a little kid wearing oversized clothes.

(Y/N): Kotori!

Kotori: Eh...? Onii-chan...?

The little figure which was his little sister, Kotori, was now visible to (Y/N). She is in the middle of the street, wearing a strange kimono which is too big for her, and it looks like she's been crying.

(Y/N): Stay in there, it's dangerous! I'm coming for you, so don't worry!

Having found his sister, the only thing left for him to do is to take her to a safe place. But as he was about to reach her...

Kotori: Onii-chan! Stop running!

(Y/N): What are you saying?! I can't leave you-

Ignoring Kotori's words, (Y/N) kept running towards her. The roof of one of the houses in that street started to break, and unfortunately, a piece of it fell onto him.

Kotori: Onii-chan!

Kotori ran to him, tears forming in her eyes once again. With what can only described as superhuman strength, Kotori throwed the piece of roof away.

Kotori: Onii-chan, are you ok?!

(Y/N): ...(What happened?)

Kotori: O-Onii-chan..answer me please.

(Y/N): ...(Why can't I move or talk?)

Kotori: *sob* Onii-chan...

(Y/N): ...(Why is Kotori crying? Did she not like my present?)

???: Do you want to save him?

Behind Kotori, a figure appeared. It has the size of a human, but it doesn't have anything that could be called an appearance. If you had to describe it someway, it would be a ghost or a glitch from a videogame.

???: If you follow my instructions he'll recover from his injuries.

(Y/N): (What..is that thing?)

Kotori: R-really?

???: Yes, you just have to follow my instructions.

(Y/N): (Kotori, run away! That thing is dangerous for sure!)