Chapter 2: Ratatoskr.

15:33 PM.

Fraxinus.

(Command room).

The spacequake alarm has started sounding recently, the crew already localized where the spacequake will take place. Right now, they're waiting for they're Commander to arrive to know if they're just gonna watch again, or if they can finally take action.

Kotori: Reine, report of the situation.

A little girl entered the room wearing a military uniform. She has long red hair tied into twintails, red fierce eyes that show authority, and a beautiful face that compliments her cute appearance. She walked to the Captain's seat and sat on it, no one seemed stranged by that, after all, unlike what people would normally think, she's the Commander in charge of this crew.

Reine: The spacequake will take place right below us, it will take a minute more for it to take place.

Kotori: So in the family restaurant, huh. Kannazuki.

Kannazuki: Yes.

As Kotori crossed her legs and extended her fingers like asking for a cigarette, Kannazuki took a black box, opened it and took a lollipop from the inside. After unwrapping it, he put it between Kotori's fingers who put it in her mouth.

Kotori: Alright, let's see which Spirit is it this...huh?

At the same time Kotori looked at the main monitor, she saw something unexpected. Her older brother, (Y/N), was running towards where the spacequake will take place.

Kotori: What the hell is that idiot doing there?! Pick him up immediately!

Crew member: He's running too fast, even if we tried it, we wouldn't reach him!

Kotori: What do you mean that he's running too fast? A normal human can't surpass the speed of our teleporter!

Reine: Maybe... Is he emitting Spirit energy?

Crew member: Yes, there's a slight emission of Spirit energy coming from him!

Kotori: Are you really sure about that?

Crew member: Yes! And it's getting stronger every second that passed!

Kotori: So he's using my Spirit power to improve his physical capabilities, is that what you thought, Reine?

Reine: Yes, there isn't another logical explication.

Kotori: Tch, and we can't do anything until he stops running. How can he be so stupid as to go out in the middle of a spacequake?

The seconds passed, (Y/N) was about to reach the restaurant, when a huge ball of energy destroyed everything in it's reach. The Spirit stood in the center of the crater she created, staring at him.

Kotori: It was Princess, huh.

Kannazuki: It seems he didn't get reached by the spacequake, just by a second.

Reine: Right, if it took just another second, it would have ended really badly.

Kotori: Alright, prepare to pick him up. Reine, go take him here.

Reine: Understood.

Crew member: Commander! The emission of Spirit energy has gotten a lot stronger all of a sudden!

Kotori: How much exactly?

Crew member: Right now, he must be at a 12% of your Spirit power!

Kotori: 12%?! What is he planning to do with so much power? Don't tell me...

In the blink of an eye, (Y/N) was already in front of the Spirit. Flames coming out from his hand formed a battle axe, which he used to attack Princess. She blocked it with ease, using a long sword she summoned seconds ago and prepared to slice him. Meanwhile, (Y/N) who was sent backwards by the impact tried to block the imminent slash.