Chapter 8: A day to relax.

Fraxinus.

(Analysis room)

Nobody's pov.

Some time after (Y/N) was recovered by the Fraxinus, he started feeling an intense pain around his body, which was quickly related to the overuse of Spirit power. At reaching the Analysis room, he was told to take out his shirt, so that they could examinate his body. That's when they discovered the source of the pain.

Reine: Burns?

All around his body, there were burns of almost second degree, caused by the high temperature of his body.

Kotori: How is it possible? He should still have most of his Spirit power.

Reine: I don't know. They should have been healed some time ago.

(Y/N): Hey, what's wrong with the regeneration?

Kotori: You have burns of almost second degree around your body, they should have been healed by your regeneration, however, it's not working.

(Y/N): What? Did it reach it's limit after reviving me or something?

Reine: It shouldn't be like that, we need to investigate this.

Carefully, Reine examinated (Y/N)'s injuries and the amount of Spirit power he had left, quickly finding the reason the burns weren't getting healed.

Reine: I see, so it was that.

Kotori: Did you find the cause?

Reine: Yes. Apparently, his burns have remaining Spirit power, which make his regeneration think he's getting healed, when he actually isn't. Until the remaining Spirit power doesn't dissipate completely, his injuries won't get healed.

Kotori: Tch, that could be a problem.

(Y/N): In other words, overusing my powers will slower the regeneration, right?

Reine: Something like that.

(Y/N): Alright, I'll have to be aware of that for the next time.

Kotori: Next time, huh... (Y/N), you don't need to keep working with us.

(Y/N): Eh? What do you mean?

Kotori: Don't act like if nothing happened, you know why I'm saying that.

(Y/N): .....Kotori, I'm gonna be honest. I'm scared. Risking my life to approach beings like the Spirits...is scary as hell... I don't really trust Ratatoskr, and I would prefer to just forget about this and live normally again... But I'm not leaving you alone on this.

Kotori: Eh?

(Y/N): If you want to save the Spirits, I'll help you all I can. However, I can't rest easy without knowing the true intentions of Ratatoskr. That's why I'll keep being the sealer, to gather enough power to take down Ratatoskr if necessary.

Kotori: You don't have to risk your life for me, I'll be fine!

(Y/N): How are you so sure? What assures you they won't try anything against you? Or that the AST won't suddenly attack the Fraxinus and take it down?

Kotori: .....*sigh* You're as stubborn as always. Alright, you can keep working with us, but just so that you know, I'm not gonna have any mercy with you.

(Y/N): Not even a little bit?

Kotori: Are you chickening out now?

(Y/N): It was just a joke, but you'll at least explain everything to me in detail, right?

Reine: Of course, we already planned to do so, besides we'll talk to your teacher to tell her you'll be taking a week out of school due to personal reasons. You also need time to assimilate everything that happened, right?