Chapter 9: The puppetmaster and the girl from the past.

Ok, guys. I short of wanted to put a lot of things in the chapter, and it ended up with almost 14000 words. So, yeah, enjoy.

6 days later.

Fraxinus.

(Training room)

Nobody's pov.

During these last 6 days, (Y/N)'s been helping Kotori with her paperwork, and training his powers after they're done. Right now, he's in the training room, having a mock battle against one of Ratatoskr's wizards.

Kotori: Alright, that's enough for today. Good work, everyone.

Once they got Kotori's permission, (Y/N) and the wizard he's been training with relaxed their stances.

(Y/N): Phew, finally. I'm tired as hell.

They both left the room to meet with Kotori and Reine, who were waiting outside looking at them through a monitor.

Kotori: Thanks for helping with his training, you're doing a good job.

Wizard: There's no need to thank me, Commander. It's my work.

Kotori: I like your attitude, you can go home already.

Wizard: Yes.

With that, the wizard left the room without any signs of tiredness. Unlike (Y/N), who's been doing paperwork and training the control of his powers before the mock battle.

(Y/N): We're done for today, right?

Kotori: Yes, we ended up pretty soon today.

Reine: Indeed. (Y/N)'s quick progress makes things easier.

Even if it was for 6 days, (Y/N) was quick to find out how his powers worked, making a huge progress in a short amount of time.

(Y/N): Well, if you pay attention, is kind of easy to understand. Apparently, when I use more than 10%, the extra power flows to the angel. So even if I used 20% again, it will be the same as 10%, but more tiring.

Kotori: I see, it does was strange the Captain of that AST squad you fought could match your strength while using a 20%, this makes more sense.

Reine: However, your body still suffers damage from the Spirit power if overused. Even if you find out how to use more than 10%, you can't get overconfident.

(Y/N): I know, and I already have an idea of how to do it, the only thing left is to test and practice it.

Kotori: Alright, but don't overdo it, you know your regeneration fails if you suffer burns from your own powers.

(Y/N): Yes, yes.

As they kept talking, they walked back to the Command room, were the rest of the crew was still working.

Kannazuki: Welcome back, Commander, Reine, (Y/N)-kun. Have you made progress today too?

(Y/N): Yes, I more or less adapted to the Spirit power, so I won't lose control so easily.

Kannazuki: That's a good thing, remaining calm is essential in battle, but I can't help but feel dissapointed for not being able to experience your attacks full of rage.

(Y/N): Disgusting as always, I see.

Reine: You seem a lot more relaxed now than before.

(Y/N): Well, you didn't try anything this 6 days, so I started to relax a little. Besides, I have precious information, and a Spirit's power as support, even if you try something, it will be pointless.

Kotori: However, you still hold back unsconciously while fighting humans, I don't think you can really kill without going on a rampage before.

(Y/N): Perfect, I try to sound cool and threatening, and you had to screw it up. Thanks, Kotori, you ruined my chance to get respect over here.