Chapter 7: Rhysand

The strange faeries voice rung in my ears, and I stood there, half naked, in shock. Tamlin was quick to step in front of me.

"What are you doing here? Never mind I don't care, get off of my land." Tamlin snapped, venom dripping off his tongue.

Rhysand's smile turned feral as he tutted.

"Ever the hospitable high lord." Rhysand walked forward and began circling me. I looked down in shame and crossed my arms, attempting to hide beneath them as he gazed me up and down. Tamlin took a daunting step towards him, then stopped mid-way.

"I would remember your place, Tamlin. You know what I'm capable of." The male chuckled.

"What a pretty flower you've acquired. Where did you pick her?" Rhysand asked, his violet eyes on me again.

"It's no business of yours." The violet eyed faery looked at my midriff, the bandage covering it. I almost saw what mirrored worry in his eyes, but it vanished in a flash.

"Anyways, I'll be visiting a little more often now that you've got something at this tiring court worth my while." Tamlin snarled like an animal.

"What so you mean 'worth your while'? You are not welcome here. And you certainly won't be going near Alanna."

"Ah, that's the flowers name, is it? Alanna. I think she should decide whether or not I'll be going anywhere near her, don't you darling?" He locked eyes with me, and it was hard to keep looking into them.

"I—I don't know you."

"You didn't know Tamlin here, either. Until he saved you." Both Tamlin and my eyes widened in shock, how did he—"What if I saved you too? Had something to offer that you couldn't possibly refuse?"

"I don't even know you're name."

"It's Rhysand. But you, my little flower, can call me Rhys." He said teasingly, tracing his hot finger against my collar bone. I should have wanted him to stop, to go away, but at the same time it felt like it did with Tamlin. That magnetism, pulling me towards him. What was going on? I was starting to get angry. It was as if he read my mind as he spoke next.

"I have an answer to that question you keep asking yourself, Alanna. I know it's eating you up. Poor thing, being so illiterate to this world and it's laws." The gears in my mind were turning ten million miles an hour. I wanted to know what it was, but wouldn't Tamlin just tell me?

"No, he won't." Rhys read my mind again. I looked at Tamlin, and he looked at me with pleading eyes. I had to know.

"Fine, deal. Now tell me." The black haired faery laughed and put his hands behind his back.

"My end of the bargain comes first, you're coming with me." He grabbed my arm and the next thing I knew, I was gone from the Spring Court.

When I observed my surroundings, I was in a very nice home. It was like the manor, but more—comfortable. Relaxed. Rhys came into my view. I shuddered, realizing I was still in undergarments.

"W-where am I? Please don't hurt me I didn't know—" He grabbed my face and shushed me.

"Alanna, you're fine. I'm not going to hurt you. Now. About your question."

"Tamlin, is your mate." My eyes widened in shock. Mate? I have heard that before, in mortal legends. The way that the High Fae bonded to each other—

"But, he is not your only one." My jaw must have literally dropped to the floor. I didn't understand, how could someone have more than one mate? And I thought humans couldn't have mates.

"My goodness, your think so fast. It's extremely rare for even high fae to have two mates, let alone a human. But, you, my dear Alanna, are not entirely human." This was all too much...father has spoken legends passed down my family about my great grandmother being a high faery, but we thought it was just a family whim or something. Two mates. It wasn't hard to figure out who my second one was.

"And...you're my second." He nodded. "How did you even find me?" I asked, conduction expressed clearly on my features.

"I had dreams about you. About a girl in a human village, a girl who loved to read, and could never hurt a fly. I saw you in the prythian, in the forest running from those pigs. I saw Tamlin find you, and bring you back to the Spring Court. I couldn't get to you in time, I knew Tamlin had to be the one to meet you first." I looked at him in disbelief. I didn't know what to think. Two mates? Two High Faery mates? I began to get lightheaded. He grabbed my chin gently, making me look up at him.

"I know it's a lot to take in, and I truly am sorry that I'm putting this on you. I just couldn't hold back any longer, I couldn't bare Tamlin hiding you from me."

"He really knew? And he wasn't going to say anything?" Rhys nodded.

"You'll soon learn that he is very protective. Too protective. Nonetheless, he is your mate too. So, we will all just have to deal with each other. Good thing is, Tamlin and I are both High Lords of of own courts and—"

"What? You're a High Lord too?" I put my hands on my head and couldn't believe what fate had felt me. Rhys chuckled, a real chuckle full of warmth.

"The cauldron truly has blessed you, Alanna darling. Now, get changed and just hollar when you're done. I'll carry you to dinner."

"I can walk." I stood up shakily, trying to prove my point and almost fell down. I guess all the strength it took me to stand up in the lake of starlight had drained my energy.

Rhys was quick to grab my arms and steady me, touching his pointer finger to my nose as a cute gesture.

"Sure you can."

I opened the drawers in my luxurious but cozy room to find purely lingerie. How the hell was I supposed to get comfy in this? I stormed to the closet and that selection wasn't much better, but I settled on a satin black dress. It hugged my figure in all the right places...

I didn't even have to hollar for him as he knocked on my door.

"Come in." He did so. He looked at me as if I was a long lost treasure chest full of rare gems.

"This was the only suitable thing to wear..." I admitted. He smiled softly.

"You look beautiful, my mate." He said the last two words with a growl, and my thighs clenched together. I heard stories of how when mates first came together they fucked...over and over and over again.

"Well darling, as much as I'd like to do that, it's going to have to be with us both. It's only fair to Tamlin." He said, his words lingering as he traces a hand down my back. He kept reading my talked mind, I assumed it was some sort of fae magic.

"Listen to me Alanna. We won't do anything you're not comfortable with. If you don't want this, say the words and I walk away. I can't make promises about if Tamlin will do the same, but you have mine." He kisses my cheek before picking me up gently. I groaned at how close he felt to me, his hands holding me up just under my arse. I couldn't deny that I had wanted them both, from the moment I met them. This was going to be a crazy ride...