Chapter 77 Dancing

One night inside the Troll Tree ballroom a young 7 year old princess Tulip who was blue like her dad and had pink hair like her mom, and a dress similar to her mom only it was green like her daddy's vest, was going to her daddy's office and opened the door.

''Daddy?'' She called.

A handsome blue troll with violet hair turned and smiled at his daughter, he had been working on some new plans for Troll Village he was non other then King Branch.

''Hey Tulip.'' He goes over and picks her up in a hug. ''So what can I do for you?'' He asked sitting down in his chair with her in his lap.

''Well as you know the dance is coming up and well I can't dance and I was wondering if you could each me to dance?'' She asked looking at her dad.

''You want me to teach you to dance?'' He asked surprised.

''Yes your the best dancer I know! You have the dance moves of all the tribe trolls daddy.'' She gushed happily.

Branch smiled and looked around. ''Don't let mommy hear you.'' He teased.

''Please daddy.'' She begged.

''Ok then come on lets go.'' He put her down and turned off the light and they went to the ballroom he had some papers in his hand.

''Daddy what is that for?'' She asked.

''This is a chart for dancing shows you all the dance moves you need.'' He said smiling.

''Why daddy can't you just show me?'' She asked.

''Because always be prepared in case something like this comes up in case you asked me to teach you.'' He said setting it up.

''Alright baby girl, what do you want to learn?'' He then held both her hands and twirled her around.

She giggled and looked at him. ''Just the basics, can you show me how to dance with a partner?''

''Sure um your not gonna be dancing with boys are you?'' Branch asked an eyebrow raised.

''Well only with Thunder, the others don't think a pop troll and rock troll can dance in harmony and so we are gonna show them.'' She said innocently. 

Little did they know Poppy had was looking for her little family and stood right outside the doorway on the side, she rolled her eyes quietly chuckling.

Branch looks at her and nodded. ''Ok deal but only his hands have to be on your waist and holding your other hand.'' He said seriously.

''Daddy-- I don't like Thunder like that and I don't care for boys but he is my friend.'' She said.

''Alright then here step on my feet.'' Branch said smiling.

Tulip got on his feet. ''Oh ouch.'' He started.

She looked up worried only to see him chuckling and smiling. ''I'm kidding Tulip. Now follow my footsteps.''

She placed her hand on his wrist and places her other arm around his side hug and Branch he held her sides and they started to dance.

''Ok left foot back, right foot stay put and go back and forth and always let your partner take the lead unless they say otherwise.'' Branch said.

They side stepped and were prancing and dancing together, Tulip was on her daddy's feet smiling and laughing, Branch smiles as they move around for a bit.

''Ok now lets see how you do without standing on my feet.'' Branch said looking down at her.

''Ok daddy.'' She got down and they held hands and she let her daddy take the lead as they were dancing and she realized she was doing great. ''This is fun!''

''Yes it is.'' Branch smiles and then lifts up his little girl holding her hand, her other hand on his shoulder as they danced both laughing.

Poppy giggles watching them, it melted her heart to see them together. When Tulip was about to be born Branch was nervous about being a dad but she assured him he would be great and that their little one would love him.

She watches them dance happy to see it, after an hour Branch and Tulip stopped and she smiles. ''Is that it? Can we do more?'' She asked excitedly.

''Yes that is the basic and if you want I'll show you more but tomorrow its bedtime sweetie.'' He smiled.

''Ok daddy.'' She held his hand.

He picked her up carrying her and they saw Poppy at the doorway.

''Mommy!'' Tulip smiled at her.

''Hey my two dancers.'' She smiled as she walked with them.

Poppy read a story to Tulip and Branch sang to her and they tucked her in and both kiss her cheeks.

''Good night mommy and daddy.'' She snuggled into her pillow as her parents left.

''That was so sweet Branch teaching Tulip to dance.'' Poppy said putting on her silk blue nightgown.

''Yeah well she asked me.'' He said taking off his clothes and putting on his green and brown robe.

''I see that, and you thought she wouldn't like you.'' Poppy teased sitting on the bed.

''Yeah.. but I was wrong.'' He smiled going to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

''You know I was a tiny bit jealous you dancing with Tulip and you never really asked me.'' She said laying on the bed.

After gurgling and rinsing his mouth he came out and looked at her. ''Well Tulip came asking me to teach her, you know I'm always up for dancing with my favorite girl.'' He said.

''Which one? You have two of us.'' She teased.

''My first favorite the one who changed me and I married her.'' He smiled.

''Aww how sweet.'' She giggled.

Branch held out his hand. ''Come with me.''

Poppy took his hand as they went to the ballroom and he places his hand on her waist and took her other hand and they stared at each other and he leads her around the ballroom both dancing and keeping pace.

''Branch.'' Poppy breathed.

''What you felt left out so I thought why not.'' He then pulls her close and spins her  pulling her to him as they glide and dance around the floor both smiling and spinning.

'True color are beautiful.' Poppy sang.

'I love that your perfect, your perfect for me.' He sang.

Branch dipped Poppy and pulls her up as they shared a kiss and then pulled away rubbing their heads together.

''I love you Poppy.''

''I love you too Branch.''

Here we go enjoy.. Tulip and Thunder are my ocs.