Chapter 2~ Too Bad..

A few weeks later..
~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you don't need anything? Maybe you need some more water, don't you move, okay?" as Kizashi swiftly got up to grab things for his wife, Mebuki stopped him in his tracks.

"Kizashi, honey, I keep telling you that I'm fine, why won't you listen?" She asked warily.

"But-"

"I don't wanna hear it! I know you're worried about me. . . but can you please do me a favor and check on Sakura? She's been awfully quiet lately." Not that she's even cried once when they got home, except for a few whines here and there.

"Hm. Fine." He sped out of the room silently, muttering something under his breath as he did so.

~~~~~~~~

Tobirama decided it was probably best to follow the child until further notice, or maybe just cause he has no purpose to be here, really! His Shinobi days were long over; it was his time to rest, and forget about the mistakes he made in his life. . . but instead, he's stuck in this retched ground called life, completely defying the laws of— anything! What person in their right mind would bestow such a curse to a dead man? Unless, he did have a reason for such antics. . . Maybe a jutsu, perhaps? Tobirama knew he created too many jutsus that could've been the downfall of humanity itself, but he couldn't even try to wrap his head over whatever mess he had unknowingly got himself into now. Nothing was making any sense.

He glanced at the baby silently lying in the crib before him. The crib was a light, soft pink clad in cherry blossom flower branches curving around the brim and bars. The little baby was covered in a thin sheet that matched the walls of her room— white, except the walls were adorned  by cartoon baby bears all around, some covered by shelves that carried children's books and toys. The ceiling had a small light in the middle, with a dimmer switch by the door. Little strings of fairies hung just above her, swaying with the cool air that came out of the vent. Sakura was sleeping peacefully before lazily opening her eyes to stare at the paranormal being in front of her. She giggled softly, and Tobirama narrowed his eyes, not letting his guard down, refusing to fall for any tricks or henge. After all, a shinobi must see through deception.

Except he's not even a shinobi anymore!! He's DEAD for damned sake!

'It's just not adding up.' The Senju then sighed to himself, mentally choosing to either stay with Sakura, or search yet again for people that could see or hear him, other wandering souls like him, or literally anything that could help him find his way back home, back home to his family.

        Tobirama decided to go with the latter, since just staying there without knowing anything just wouldn't sit right with him, so he was just going to leave. As he was about to start his route to nowhere, the door creaked open, showing a certain Haruno with narrowed eyes.

Tobirama knows the intentions of one when he sees it, and by the looks of it, this wasn't very good.

Kizashi walked over to the crib, hovering his head over the child.

"Tch." Kizashi snarled at the little baby causing her to obtain a confused expression, before the older Haruno walked out once again. Tobirama saw everything.

"Well isn't that unfortunate."

Then he left.