Chapter 7~ Unbloodied Streams

Chapter 7: Unbloodied Streams

"..."

"..."

...

". . .Sigh."

'Ignore ignore ignore ign-'

"SIGH."

His eye twitched.

"SI-"

"Is there a problem, Sakura?" Finally, Tobi spoke, somewhat softly for that matter.

"I don't know Tobi," she started dramatically," but this is all so. . . BORING. Where's the action, the drama, the FLAVOR?"

"We've been over this, Sakura. You're way too young for any drama." He said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Besides, medidating is essential to the opening of your chakra network, and-"

"Chakra is the basic start point of all jutsu." She recited in a bored manner. "I know that already, what about the thing you were going to tell me earlier? Something about my dad?" She turned her body to sit crisscross in front of him, scanning his his face for any indication.

"..." Tobi never, ever, stuttered. If there was something he had to say, he would say it on the spot. Sakura knew this, and when she saw her friend hesitate for the first time, she wondered if this would finally be the day her life began,

and if her theories were correct, then the pinkette would gladly welcome the mayhem with open arms.

...

Another 15 minutes of annoying pestering for answers, the Senju had finally let up his thoughts that had been hoistering his chest down, like an anchor to a ship. Even still, he regretted doing so when he saw the reaction of the same girl he did not want to know.

"...Sakura?"

"..."

"Sakura? Are you okay?"

"Tobi... that's.."

"??"

"That's.... A BRILLIANT IDEA!" Said girl jumped up from her crisscross position and jolted about on a large, precarious, rock by the stream and started going on about the plan and whatever else a child like Sakura would do.

"When should we start? Maybe on Sunday, since that's when Papa drinks the most, hm, but then again, he drinks everyday. Oh well, or we can go on Saturday, 'cause, that's when mama gets out the hospital! But she's always in and out, so I don't really care. But then again-"

"Wait, What?! Sakura, be careful! The stream moves really fast!"

This was not the reaction Tobi was expecting, having said this, he was caught extremely off guard.

"Huh?-"

'The stream moves really fast.'

That throbbing pain struck her once again, causing her to lose balance, and ultimately falling head first into fast, freezing waters.

"— w-WOAH!" Skipping a step, Sakura bumped her head on another rock, deeming her unconscious, and leaving her no choice but to let the rushing flow of water guide her limbs wherever it does.

"NO!" He tried to catch her, he really did, and he would've had it not been for his phantom-like state. He cursed himself, for being so... freakish! Why? What was the reason to leave him on this cursed earth, attached to a child that he can't protect? They'd ought to leave him rotting in his grave like he'd been doing fine just a few years ago! And now all he could do was watch Sakura being carried away, away to what would most likely be her death.