Chapter 6~ This is Normal

Chapter 6: This is Normal

Sakura isn't very stupid, or at least she wouldn't like to think so. She's hot-headed, stubborn, and wouldn't do anything she didn't want to without at least putting up a fight. She doesn't like sleeping very much, either, mostly because of the nightmares that came along with it.

Tobi knows this too, so why on earth did he dismiss it? I mean, arguing was the most fun part for her! Surely he wasn't getting tired of her, right?

'Maybe I'm thinkingover. . .Or was it overthinking? Ugh, this thinking thing really isn't my cup of tea!' The little pinkette laid in her bed, completely bamboozled as to why Tobi wasn't out on what he calls 'research missions', that usually took place at the library, since he doesn't sleep. (she knew this cause she followed him, by the way.) Instead, he was sitting at the window sill that seemed to be his favorite place in the house, looking deep in thought.

'Reshtless.' she thought to herself. She watched Tobi as his brows furrowed, making sure to shut her eyes when he turned to glance at her in worry. She continued this for about three agonizingly long hours before actually drifting off to her slumber, and her peculiar dreams of. . . carrots?

        Anyway, Sakura woke up that same morning to the distant chit chats of busy villagers and beautiful singing birds perching on nearby trees. The soothing sounds landed on her ears the same time warm sunlight peeked through her curtains, allowing the pinkette to think that she'd have a relaxing, peaceful morning with no flashy events, no problems, just peace.

She was so, so wrong.

Sakura's best—no, Sakura's only friend immediately threw her out of her own thoughts when he whipped his head over her, dulling the sunlight due to his transparent appearance. She sighed.

"Oh. . . Good morning  Tobi."  She said lazily, propping her back against the headboard.

"Sakura? Are you awake? Wake up." Sakura was taken aback a little as she noticed her favorite 'person' seemed rather anxious, nervous even. She noticed that this morning she wasn't greeted with the stern but lax Tobi, and instead, his usual demeanor had been exchanged for a more. . . stiff persona, yet composed at the same time— and she was going to find out why, whether she wanted to, or not.

"I'm awake, Tobi." She sighed again, once more.

"Sakura, get dressed. We need to talk about some things. . ." He said before his voice trailed off. Then Sakura rolled her eyes.

"Tobi, I already told you I know where babies come from. . ." She looked left and right cautiously, before starting in a low whisper.
". . . You have to rub butts 5 times— BUT I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING!" Tobi's eye twitched.

"Right. . . Sakura, a shinobi should awake before the sun normally. You can't stay in bed forever." He deadpanned.

"Yes I can."

"No you can't."

"Yes I can."

"No you can't."

"No you can't."

"Exactly."

"ARGHH!" Tobi felt a sense of triumph over the now grumpy Haruno who decided to finally get out of bed.

'Tobi: 1 Sakura: 0'

~~

After another two, exhausting hours, Sakura leisurely dragged her feet out of the bathroom, hoping that the day would go by faster than 60 minutes per hour. Slowly, she creeped past her passed out father, trying her best not to wake him, then she put on her sandals and walked out the door, where Tobi was sitting on a chair by the porch waiting for her impatiently. He took one look at her and sighed.

"Sakura, please explain." He said in a voice deceptively soft, his stern gaze doing all but intimidating the girl in front him, whose hight barely reached his hipbone.

"I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about." She countered ever so politely, narrowing her eyes as she smiled slightly, silently challenging him to a staring contest. They had a staring contest.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"... Very well, then. We should go to the park, so you won't wake your father." Tobi said nonchalantly, as he walked off the porch and into street, missing the mischievous glint in Sakura's eyes.

'Tobi: 1 Sakura: 1. Tied, Hmph.'  She thought to herself before lifting her feet to hop down the steps, then ultimately tripping over her own feet because of a racking migraine that hit her so quick and so bad, one that would've probably cast a faint spell on her had it not left as soon as it came, leaving no hint of residue.

'But we're getting there, CHA!' A gruffy voice whispered. That voice, it sounded like her but it was so, so coarse, as if it hadn't been used for years. She looked left and right frantically for the unknown voice, but everyone around her seemed to have been minding their buisiness. Since the excruciating pain had left so quickly, it gave Sakura no time to react, confusing her friend in the process.

"Sakura, mind your step, now." He said gently. Being honest, Sakura  was just as confused as he was, but let's not forget, although Sakura is exceptionally smart for her age, (much less a civilian,)  her attention span was below average. So Sakura, being the four-year old she is, overlooked that strange episode, forgetting her exhaustion and cheekily walked alongside Tobi.

But she failed to realized something important.

~~

And so the action begins.... MWAHHAHAHHAJHAJAHAHAHAHAHJFHGFJICKDJJEGRRRRRRRRRRQRARARARAR