Chapter 4~ Hello, My Name Is

One and a half years later. ( p.s. I apologize for the continuous time skips, I could easily start the story when she's 5, but these moments are vital to the development of their relationship— you'll see why later.. so please bare with for now:).)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura noticed that she didn't get much attention from her parents.

Except she also thought it was normal. She thought that a parent's love and affection were just one of the many blessings a child may or may not have, whether it be one parent or two. What she didn't know was how wrong she was. Though the little pinkette was already walking and smarter than most her age, she still didn't even know how to talk! But you might be wondering, how does a one year-old know how to walk and do things by herself, but not know how to speak? Well now, that comes down to her parents. Mebuki was either in bed or at the hospital, and her dad?

Sakura's father never really talked to her, and if he did, it would be the little slurs he threw at her when he was drunk.

Flashback

"Heyyyy... f*cker~" a red-nosed Kizashi, in all his drunken majesty, cursed at a clueless Sakura, who simply ignored him while she played with her toys, unbothered.

End of flashback

Or when she when she would stand behind the corner of a wall and eavesdrop on her father's conversations with his other alcoholic friends.

Flashback

"....Oh yeah? *hiccup* And then what'd you do?"

"I punched her in face *hiccup* and told her she could *hiccup* call me Superman!"

End of flashback

Knowing this, little Saku decided to pull a very bold stunt, or at least she thought it was. Mama told her to never talk to strangers, and yes, this man was very strange indeed. Even though Sakura does get curious from time to time, she was always the type that knew how to mind her business, one might even call her shy. . . However, something about this man intrigued her. He'd only come around sometimes, but when he did, he never talked to her, really, unless it was to tell her not to touch this or not to touch that, and then he'd leave by simply walking through a wall. And each time she'd wonder where he went.

So of course she followed him.

Not that he went anywhere special, but it was surely a sight you wouldn't see everyday. A few months ago, she followed him into her own kitchen where her parents were at the time. She was extremely perplexed when she saw that her parents completely ignored him, but then she realized they ignored him just like her father would ignore her— so again, Sakura, being the toddler she is, dismissed it completely, thinking it was normal.

And now, Sakura decided today was going to be the day that she would ask him for his name, right as soon she found out how. Even though she could comprehend words and commands (thanks to her father, by the way) she never really knew how to say them, which greatly annoyed her, because now she felt really like a child who didn't know how to communicate. So there she sat in her closet, trying to put together all the things she learned in the extremely short years of her life, just to try and attempt at communication. But of course half the time she was actually bringing up the courage to do so.

      A few hours later, Sakura marched out her wardrobe boldly, her chest puffed with every every step. She puffed her cheeks so much that they turned the color of her hair, trying to obtain a serious expression, but ultimately looking like a constipated toddler while doing so. And she marched. She marched all the way to the window sill that Tobirama was sitting by while he peacefully looked out the window. She cleared her throat to catch his attention, before stretching her arm towards him. Now he was very confused, but not because her arm was practically detaching from her body, but because she looked like she was about to-

"Your going to pass out if you don't breath."

A loud gasp was heard before a certain child fell to the ground with a thud, but awoke a few minutes later to a perplexed but worried Senju hovering her. Noticing what had just happened, Sakura got up quickly as her cheeks turn red in embarrassment. With teary eyes, the pinkette decided to sputter out the words she was going to say before she had so obviously passed out, despite her crushed ego.

"Uh.. H-HEYFUCKERNAMECALLYOU?!!!!"

Tobirama took a step back in surprise, having never been to talked to like this before, especially not by a toddler. . . He really only wanted Sakura to learn some things by herself, but considering the situation she's living in, this should have been well expected.  Tobirama noticed that this obviously didn't go as she planned, so he tried to lighten her mood up a little.

". . .Hello, Sakura, my name is Tobirama Senju." He said with a light smile; he made sure to emphasize the corrected grammar so that she would catch on. The Senju felt satisfied, seeing that Sakura looked as if she had succeeded at something.

"Name call you. . . Tobi-llama?" She asked curiously as she tilted her head.

"My name is Tobirama, your name is Sakura."

"M' na' i' Tobi-llama, yo'r name i' Sakura!"

"Hmm.. not quite, My name is Sakura, your name is Tobirama." She looked deep in thought for a moment, most likely trying to remember the words, before she spoke again.

"My name i' Sakura, your name i' Tobi.. uh... Tobi-llama!"

'Fast learner.' Tobirama thought to himself skeptically. But nonetheless he smiled outwardly.

Sakura was ecstatic. Not only had she learned his name, but he didn't ignore her, nor did he run away! Despite her living conditions, she pranced around happily, like a baby deer in a field of flowers, Sakura flowers, at that.

"HAHA YOUR NAME IS TOBI-LLAMA!! TOBI TOBI LLAMAAA!!!" Tobirama had to hold his laugh.

So then it began, the friendship of Tobi and Sakura, Sakura and Tobi, both still oblivious to the twisted, painfully confusing events to soon unravel.

~

Sorry guys, I felt like this one was a little rushed. :/

Til next time, ly