Chapter 3~ Just You and Me

~~~~~~

6 months later.

         Ever since Tobirama spontaneously appeared on land, he left Sakura with hopes that he'd find at least hint to why it happened. The last thing he remembers is playing poker with his brothers in the afterlife, and as soon as he was about to land his winning move, he mysteriously dissapeared and reappeared in the place he's in now. Words could never express how confused he was! Hell, he felt like he searched through every book in the world, but he couldn't find anything mentioning dead people coming back to life as ghosts. Well, nonfictional books at least.

        Maybe there was some good that came of it, though. For instance, he didn't come back to see wars or bloodshed at first sight, but the fact that he still saw small children being made into ninjas saddened him. Perhaps, he should have made a few more laws during his reign... nevermind that, What confused him even more was that girl with the pink hair seemed to notice him. Maybe she had a special ability that allowed her to, but by the looks of it, she didn't even come from a shinobi family. Now, his only obvious choice was to stay by her, and to keep his eyes peeled. If he was alive he'd probably have a headache right now.

'It's been months,

days and nights more than I count.

You always seemed so happy.

You always knew just what to do.

You left me once,

So tell me, brother, why did I have to leave you once more?

What do I do?

You'd stand there, with that smile stretching from ear to ear,

You'd tell me to smile, maybe.

Or you'd say, don't worry, that big brother will handle it!

...So how would you handle this, brother?

Hm. You'd care for her, probably.

He looked at the playing baby before him.

So I guess I'll do the same.

That girl, poor girl, she's anything but
ordinary, that's for sure.'

Tobirama knew exactly what shinobi and villagers did to advanced children. And he had to admit he used to do the same. Just one of his many mistakes, and something he never wanted to see again.

And soon, I'll go back home to you and the others, so we can rest peacefully again.

If I ever find a way, at least.

...

But until then...

Tobirama sighed aloud softly. Sakura was now aware of his presence and turned her neck in the direction for confirmation. Being correct, she smiled widely, Tobirama smiling softly with her.

"It's just you and me, now."

~~~~~