Wolfsbane - Lady Katherine II

This chapter is a little glimpse into Katherine's character from the Tales of the SMP chapter and this is basically a little background scene of her life. I just thought that it would be interesting to write haha. Before you guys go off at me for gender stereotypes, this chapter is set in the past, like the 1900s or something like that. 

Katherine didn't know why she married this man. She felt no love for him, and she didn't plan on ever loving him and she was sure that he felt the same way. Sure enough, he fancied her, but that was it. 

Katherine knew that her role as his wife was to be obedient and submissive to her husband and, one day, to carry and birth his children. She'd always dreaded that day. The day she became a parent because she never knew what proper parents would act like since she never got to meet hers. She grew up with her aunt who died a few months back from a very intense fever, although she could not say that she felt grieved for very long. 

Her husband, Edward, however, fell in love with the idea of impregnating her with his children. He needed an heir for his title and estate and he wanted one as soon as possible, just in case the first couple of children were girls, in that case, rendering them useless. No, he needed a son before Katherine got old and could no longer have children. So he used every excuse to put his hands on her body, despite her squirming away. He normally wouldn't have tolerated this sort of behavior from his previous wives, but, for now, he let it be, blaming it on her grief for her aunt's death. And, besides, he was not ready to let Katherine go yet. She was too gorgeous to let go. 

What he didn't know, however, was that she was infertile and unable to give birth. They had sterilized her years ago. 

Katherine eyed her husband whilst she poured him a glass of wine like always after he had come back from a long day at work. Like usual, he was sat in his favorite armchair by the fire, reading the daily newspaper. She turned back to the wine, thinking back to the day that they first met. 

She had been working in a restaurant when Edward walked in with his wife at the time. As soon as Katherine walked over to take their order, his eyes had followed her around the restaurant. Katherine had noticed his eyes on her but continued to smile at him whenever he caught her eye since she knew she would get into a lot of trouble if she reacted any other way. Even a wrong look could get her fired. And she couldn't have that, not when her aunt was currently ill. 

Edward looked at least 20 years her senior, and she was later proven correct when he asked her out for dinner. She took note of his expensive clothing and his expensive watch and his expensive car. She smiled and accepted his offer, promising to meet him the next evening. Edward went home that evening and divorced his current wife. 

He proposed only 2 days after Katherine's aunt died and he promised to pay for her burial and funeral service if she accepted his offer of marriage. Katherine agreed, not because she loved him, but because she needed money and shelter. But she did not want to marry him. She did not love him. 

Although Edward had never loved a woman before, despite his numerous ex-wives, Katherine had been the closest that any of them got. She was young, only 19 years old, but she was mature for her age. She was flawless in every way possible, there was not a hair on her head that was out of place. Her body was a work of art and all that he longed to do was to touch it. And, he had left her his fortune in case anything happened to him, not that Katherine knew yet. 

Or so he thought.

Katherine's head snapped up, bringing her back to reality as her husband in the other room coughed as he choked on his cigarette. She grimaced. She hated it when he smoked in the house, she couldn't put up with the smell. She put on a smile to show her straight, white teeth as she walked into the living room, carrying the glass of wine, her heels clicking on the hard, marble floor. She handed it to her husband who took the glass and gave her a peck on the cheek.