Protective? - Y/n and Technoblade

I added a little salt to the stew as the door flung open. I didn't even need to turn around to know who it was. 

"Your late today, are you ok?" I asked, turning around and frowning. Techno took off his cloak and mask and hung them both up by the door before walking over to the fireplace to warm his hands. He then walked over to me and placed his hand on my waist. I smiled to myself. 

"What's on the stove?" He asked, avoiding my question. I raised an eyebrow, but didn't question him. I rarely did, since he had a temper so thin. Not that he would ever hurt me but that doesn't mean that they don't scare me. 

"Rabbit stew." I replied, humming. "I caught two this afternoon whilst you were out since we didn't really have anything else to eat." I pointed at the fridge, which was almost empty. Technoblade frowned. 

"You went out whilst I was gone?" He asked, looking at me. I didn't meet his gaze as I continued to stir the mixture. 

"I didn't go far." I insisted. I moved away from him to grab two bowls from the cabinet. "And besides, it's not like there are any other people around here ; we literally live in the middle of nowhere."  I ladled the stew into the bowls and handed one of them to him. 

"That doesn't mean it's safe." Techno went on. "Travelers exist, you know. And what happens if a group of illigers were passing through at that very moment? I wouldn't be there to protect you."

"Well then I'll protect myself. I'll use those new moves that you taught me the other day." I said, sitting down on the couch, and he did the same. I leaned onto his chest and ate my dinner, like we do every night. 

"You know I don't like it when you go out by yourself without me knowing." He murmured as he stroked by head. I hummed in response, before putting the stew down on the table. I wasn't hungry and Techno didn't seem so either as his meal was also placed to the side. My eyes trailed down to the bottom of his white, crisp shirt as a small splatter of red caught me eye. 

I could feel his eyes on me and I knew that he saw what I had spotted. He stayed silent, as if challenging me to say something. Of course, I didn't. And he knew that I wouldn't say anything.

Instead, I changed the subject. I got off the couch and picked up my stew. I had eaten about half of it but now, after seeing the blood on Techno's shirt, I was put off. I threw the leftovers into a container and put it into the fridge, saving it for tomorrow. 

"Hey, I thought about what you told me yesterday." I started, slowly, glancing at him warily to see how he would react. His head immediately perked up. 

"About your father?" He asked, casually. 

I nod. "Yeah." I put my bowl into the sink and started filling it up with water. I grabbed a pile of dirty plates off the counter as well from the last two days since my mind had been on something else. 

"Well?" Techno pressed on. He had picked up his stew again and started eating it. 

I turned to the dishes, putting them into the lukewarm water and adding dish soap. I started scrubbing at the first one I picked up. 

"I want to meet him." I spoke quietly, but I knew that he heard. I heard him sigh. 

"But you do realize how dangerously stupid that is, right Y/n?" He asked a question that I knew was rhetorical. "With those people out there that still think you're a witch."

"I know." I said quietly, looking at him. "But I want to meet him, Techno. He's my dad. Besides, you'll be there with me."  

"I can't protect you against a whole town of people wanting to kill you." He shook his head. "I don't like this."

I wiped my hands on my sweater and turned around, leaning on the counter. "But I thought you said that it was my choice?" 

Techno tilted his head and gave me a look that read something along the lines of 'Don't be stupid'. "It is your choice, Y/n. But I didn't think you'll make the wrong one."

I frowned. "But there isn't a wrong choice. It's my choice." I insisted.

Techno sighed again and stood up, walking over to me. I turned back around and got back to the dishes and I could feel his body standing close to mine. He placed his bowl into the sink with a clink and then looked at me. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't look back at him. I turned away from him and put the dishes and bowls back into the cabinets, not saying a word to him. 

"Are you mad?" He asked, crossing his arms. I shrugged, closing the cabinet. I was still stood with my back to him. 

"I'm not mad." I said, walking back to the sink and letting the water go. I watched as the bubbles were sucked into the drain. 

"You're mad." He said, laughing dryly. "I'm just trying to keep you safe. Because I care about you Y/n." He lifted one of his hands to my face, turning it gently to face him. I looked down not making eye contact. 

"I know." I murmured, resisting the urge to nuzzle into his hand. I finally looked at him, and he stared back at me before taking his hand away. 

"Look Y/n." He said, pointing in the sink. "Look at those bubbles, happily playing around. That's you inside of this cottage." He pointed to the drain. "And the drain, is the outside world. Dark, unexpected with a strong force pulling you towards it. And these bubbles? They don't stand a chance against the force pulling them in. And once you're in, there's no way out. And you'll never be able to return here again and I'll never be able to see you. Tell me, do you want that Y/n?" 

I stared into the sink, slowly shaking my head. "No." I raised my head to look at him. "But he's my dad, Techno. The only family I have left. Please, let me see him." I pleaded. 

"He hasn't even been in your life. He doesn't love you but I do and are you really going to choose him over me?" Techno said, somewhat cruelly. My eyes widened a little at his sudden venom and I bit my lip, turning my head away from him, tears beginning to form in my eyes. I wiped them away with my hand. From behind me, I could hear Techno sigh.

"No, Y/n, please don't cry." He said, pulling me towards him. I pulled away from him. "Come on, don't be like that. I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean it like that." He pulled me in again and this time, I let him. "I'm sorry. I'm just scared that you'll leave me and I'll be on my own again. You know I love you." He murmured, kissing me softly on the forehead. I pulled away. 

"I know." I said. "But it shouldn't have to be a choice between him and you." 

"I know, I'm sorry. I don't want to fight. Look, I'll take you to see your father but you have to tell me that you won't leave me, okay?" 

"I won't leave you, Techno." I said softly, staring up into his eyes. 

"Promise?" 

I went onto my tip toes and gave him a light peck on his lips. 

"Promise."