02_services

"i'm s- sorry what?"

"you heard me. if you kidnap me, all the blame will be on you and i won't be affected."

"wow you really look like you're serious about this," the taller man remarked.

beomgyu didn't blink. the younger stared right into the other's soul to show his dedication. his furrowed brows and grave manner spoke for itself.

"don't look so constipated kid. i'm not doing it," retorted the masked man.

"then i will report you to the police," the younger said simply, "otherwise, we could just play out a simple trick where neither you nor i will get caught."

"damn, who's the criminal here... and didn't you just say all the blame will be on me?"

"i will make sure that nothing happens to you. we will be gone for three days and i will comeback like nothing happened. my parents don't care, but the school does. they will try to keep it low for the sake of their reputation and think of the cctv footage as you kidnapping me. if the police does get involved i will tell them that i don't remember anything. i'll say that you probably drugged me and i got memory loss."

"wow...you sound like you've been thinking this through-"

"i'm not playing with you. this is really important to me."

the desperation in beomgyu's eyes was clear. the man gave up with a sigh.

"just say you hate your life so much that you're looking for a way out."

beomgyu's eyes widened, "h- how dare you? i'm planning all of this just so i could save myself. i'll tell the school that i got kidnapped and wasn't involved with you in any way. plus, i won't report you. it's a win-win here."

"and why exactly should i trust that you won't tell on me after?"

"look, i'm doing this for me. this is all i can do for you in return," replied beomgyu.

the other man took some time to think. the student's speech was so well articulated that it sounded like it made total sense. some parts of his plan were terribly off but he seemed to not mind it. besides, he looked like he was from a wealthy family so that was easy cash for the robber.

"alright... my services aren't free though." the man hinted.

"ah, of course!" beomgyu gasped, "i'll pay you. how much do you want? 3K? 5K?"

the man was taken aback by such numbers. he didn't expect the prices to be so high. that doe-eyed boy must have a lot of cash.

"umm..."

"fine, 10K but that's final," beomgyu snapped.

"uh... yeah, sure, i guess that would do," the other said, caught up in a trance of dollar bills floating around his head.

"great!" the younger cheered, "oh i'm choi beomgyu by the way, and... i never got your name?"

the other man took a while to reply, "it's daniel."

"were you really just thinking weather to give me your real name or not?"

the man blinked twice in surprise. can this guy read his mind?

"uh fine...it's yeonjun. i'm not giving you my last name though," he retorted hesitantly.

"that's okay with me, it's not like i'm going to remember all your names anyway."

yeonjun rolled his eyes, "should've never asked then."

"so where are we going tonight?!" beomgyu jumped excitedly, like he wasn't being consensually kidnapped right now.

"it's almost 1 am. i say we drive out to the country side to some remote motel where we can rest."

"what a lovely way to die for me."

"hey, this was your idea. i literally do not know how you're not scared to be involved with me."

"i'm sorry but you don't sound intimidating at all," laughed beomgyu, "moreover, it wouldn't be smart of you to kill me right now as i owe you money."

"that's fair."

"and after i've seen you rob the school's vending machine... i can probably guess that you've never committed any degree of murder."

"you're quite witty for a high-schooler," remarks yeonjun.

"why do you talk like we have a 50 year gap? how old are you?" questions beomgyu.

"i'm not disclosing such private information. all i can say is that i am older than you, so you should call me hyung, respectfully."

"i have no respect for a burglar, sorry."

"hey-"

"okay where's your car? you know they can catch your car number on street cctv right?"

"obviously, that's why i have multiple car plates. don't think i'm all unprepared for my crimes."

"that's a relief."

"the police will probably check the nearest cctvs around here, like the one around the corner, so while we walk to my car we should put on our best acting game for them."

"huh-"

smoothly, yeonjun got behind beomgyu, simultaneously grabbing the younger's hands behind his back and holding them as if his hands were being tied with an invisible rope. yeonjun then took the younger's collar from behind and made him bend forward. this sudden act took beomgyu off guard. he felt his cheeks turn crimson.

"oh s- so that's what we're doing now," stuttered beomgyu.

"don't look like you're enjoying this please. remember you are getting kidnapped, act scared or something," yeonjun reminded him.

"HEY! who said i was enjoying this?" the younger protested.

"okay then, let's go."