10_feelings

beomgyu woke up more rested than he did in years.

he was back in yeonjun's bed yet again, wrapped in the comfort of soft sheets. he didn't know how he got here, but it wasn't hard to guess. thinking about yeonjun carrying him back to bed made him burrow deeper in the pillow, blushing and kicking his feet like a teenage girl.

plus, remembering the events from yesterday made him twice as giddy. absolutely nothing happened, yet, it felt like everything did. the longing stares, the almost-cuddling, the head pats? what was that all about? not to mention the long talks and spending time together as if they were childhood friends that had known each other for years...

beomgyu felt like he might go insane— both from thinking too much and being surrounded by yeonjun's strawberry scent. throwing off the blanket, he got up to adjust his hair in the full length mirror, prodding his blush to go down, down, down. now is not the time to be delusional. he still didn't know how long he was going to stay here.

opening the door, he found hobak lazing around on the floor, completely unbothered. he must've just eaten. the living room was oddly quiet, save for the chirping of birds outside. the curtains were drawn and the kitchen seemed empty. beomgyu was surprised to find that he did, in fact, wake up quite early.

his eyes automatically searched for yeonjun, doing a double take when he saw a familiar lump on the couch. yeonjun tucked his legs to his chest, curling up on one side of the sofa to avoid hobak's pee stain on the other. beomgyu sighed.

yeonjun could have just kicked him out of his bed, it would've been the logical thing to do. beomgyu would've slept on the floor, given that he's practically the stranger staying at their house without paying rent. or, at the very least, the man could have slept next to him; he seriously wouldn't have minded. but of course, yeonjun probably didn't even consider it, being too nice for his own good.

beomgyu lingered at the kitchen counter, watching yeonjun's silhouette go up and down. he could almost imagine the little zzz's floating above his head. beomgyu chuckled as he turned around, noticing his lovesick reflection in one of taehyun's big silver cat-shaped spoons.

he quickly fixed his expression, swallowing his feelings and looking around for something to do. that's when he noticed a single pan on the stove. hmm. he turned his attention to the fridge. opening it, he discovered some eggs and vegetables inside. he pondered for a bit, looking back and forth between the stove and the eggs. how hard can it be? forget that beomgyu never cooked once in his life. there's a first for everything.

he took out two eggs, some green onion, and placed it on the counter. he washed his hands first, then the vegetable twice, for good measure. then, he placed down the cutting board and began chopping.

ha, it's that easy, smirked beomgyu, but he must've gotten a bit too excited because the next second the knife slipped and slid right against his pinky. "fuck," he hissed, bringing the finger up to his lips and sucking on it, holding back a tear. it's okay, he consoled himself, great things require sacrifice...

he then struggled to get the heat on, thanks to the stove being an ancient relic that should've stopped working years ago. but he got the hang of it soon, cracking the eggs into the pan one after another. but of course, it was never that easy. a few egg shells fell into the pan, so beomgyu frantically tried to scoop them out, successfully getting tiny burns in the process.

after a moment he noticed that something was off. the edges off the egg were cooking too fast and turning black, while some parts were still raw. he tried to scrub off the charred areas, but everything else was getting stuck to the pan and that's when he realized he forgot to add the oil—