08_cvs

"i'm tired of walking!" whined beomgyu, "i can feel at least two blisters forming on my left foot!"

"good to know," hummed yeonjun, paying him no attention.

he swished through the trees, cutting the particularly annoying twigs out of his way with a knife beomgyu didn't know he had. the shorter made sure to keep some distance from him as to not get hit by a branch in the face again.

"i'm serious, i can't do this anymore!" beomgyu complained, scaring away the birds on a nearby tree.

"what do you want me to do? carry you in bridal style?"

that earned yeonjun a smack on the head. although beomgyu didn't particularly mind the idea, but he'd rather run another mile than tell him. "you're so annoying. we've been walking for hours! god knows where we're going."

"are you calling me a god? i'm flattered," snickered yeonjun, although beomgyu couldn't see it from behind.

"not you, dumbass. you have no sense of direction. did you forget how many times you got us lost when we were walking to the train station?"

"fair point. good news is that i know this forest well."

"that's a random set of knowledge to have," remarked beomgyu, ducking from yet another twig yeonjun sent bouncing off in his direction. "hey! be more careful, will you?"

yeonjun only snickered, but held the next branch for him. "it's 'cuz i lived here for a while."

"where? in the forest?" beomgyu asked, surprise plastered all over his face.

yeonjun stopped abruptly, making beomgyu bump straight into his back. he turned his head around to look beomgyu dead in the eyes. "yes. i slept in a cave and ate worms for dinner."

beomgyu gasped, covering his mouth as if he'd seen a ghost. a set of new questions flooded his mind, but before he could ask them, yeonjun's serious face cracked. beomgyu noticed him holding in his laugh, the strained look on his face giving him away immediately.

"wow, i really hate you," exhaled beomgyu.

"you're too easy to mess with," giggled yeonjun as he resumed his stride.

beomgyu followed, crunching the leaves under his shoes like an angry toddler. "well, you're just so unpredictable that i have no idea what you did or didn't do!"

"isn't that a good thing?"

beomgyu didn't know. he was never the type to be unpredictable, until now. leaving his entire life behind, and embarking on a journey with a stranger that could possibly just kill him at any second. this was, somehow, the worst and the best decision he's ever made.

"but to answer your question, daegu's smaller than seoul, so it's easier to navigate," yeonjun spoke up again.

beomgyu almost tripped on a tree stump. "wait, we are in DAEGU!?"

"yes, did you not see the sign at the train station?" scoffed yeonjun, "for an A plus student, you seem kind of illiterate."

but beomgyu didn't care anymore, too busy running past him into the wildness. he took in the forest with new eyes, excitement buzzing in every cell of his body. it's as if his prior tiredness vanished into this air, all complaints long forgotten.

"WE ARE IN DAEGU! HOLY SHIT MAN!" he yelled, jumping around like a child taken to disney land for the first time.

yeonjun just stared at him, unimpressed. he was convinced that beomgyu scared off the entire animal population of the forest by now. rich boy discovers the wild, he thinks.