1

"Babe~ya?"
I tense slightly at the familiar voice that half mumbled from across the room, snuggled under the large comforter that covered the queen mattress; pushed up against the wall. "Is something wrong?" It sounded like he was beginning to wake up from his slumber and I turn, whispering "I didn't mean to wake you." I slowly pad over to the bed, the carpet rubbing against my bare feet. "It's nothing, you can go back to sleep." I lean over to gently caress his warm cheek. His half lidded eyes closed as he leaned into my touch, "Are you sure?" A yawn escaped him and I gave him a gentle smile, "Of course Love." What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. He slowly patted the spot next to him as he moved the comforter out of my way, "You still need sleep." "Okay." I shifted down into the spot, slowly relaxing into his warm embrace as he pulled me against his toned chest, "Sweet dreams..." He muttered out, managing a small kiss onto the side of my temple, before he began to drift back to sleep. I stared at the wall behind him, unable to fall asleep. I didn't dare get out of bed again. I hadn't meant to wake him so late in the night. He had a hard enough time being a doctor for the clinic in town. I didn't need to stress him out anymore by keeping him from what little beauty sleep he was able to retain. My problems were mine and mine alone.

"Good morning." I chirped as I watched my handsome man stumble down the hallway to lean against the corner of the wall, watching my movements as I was currently making us breakfast. He just gave a soft hum in reply, not one for early conversation. I set the spatula down and turn to the coffee mug, "I hope you slept well." I grabbed the coffee pot and poured it into two mugs. I could hear his feet shuffle against the tile floor and then a chair at the table being pulled out. I placed the coffee pot back and grabbed his mug, setting the steaming liquid in front of him, "Oh, your friend called." I turn back to the stove to turn off the eggs, "Um? The blonde reminding you that there is a party for your group next Sunday at the Newgate's." "Ah, Sabo~ya." He grumbled his annoyance about being invited to such things as he opened the morning newspaper. "Don't be such a sourpuss Honey." I giggle, grabbing some plates from the cabinet, setting the scrambled eggs down, and then bringing them over to the table with salt and pepper, "They just want to spend time with their friend." "I would rather spend my free time doing literally anything else." He took a sip of his coffee and I couldn't help but smile. After dating him for 3 years, I knew that he was merely joking. He had always worn this front of disliking anything and everything but really he was just a big sweet heart under all that grouch. "Don't forget to feed Bepo~ya." He looked up at me. His sharp golden eyes always took my breath away. "I didn't forget." I gestured to the full dog food bowl, "I just let him outside first." Bepo was Law's super big, fluffy, and very  beautiful Pyrenees mountain dog. He was a hardworking dog that had been abandoned by his previous owners and was found wandering the streets. Law took in the dog without a second thought and they had been inseparable ever since. I stood up and moved over to the kitchen door, opening it, "Come on Bepo, time for breakfast." I scooted out of the doorway as the oversized fluff ball came bounding through the door. I had learned over my years living here that Bepo will knock you over with no remorse. He gave a happy bark and padded his way over to his food bowl as I move to shut the door, glancing at the treeline with uncertainty. The house was built with a family of four in mind. The large backyard was lined up against the forest that sat directly behind our house. The kitchen was made in the back so the parents could stare out the window to keep an eye on their children as they made dinner. The dining room and the living room all connect with the kitchen so technically it was a very open house except for the hallway that exited the living room and led down to the bathroom, the spare room, and the master bedroom. It was a simple house for a simple life. One I could enjoy with slight anxiety. I was torn out of my thoughts as the wooden chair scraped against the tile and I turn to see Law taking his plate and mug to the sink, "Time for work already?" I asked him with a soft sigh and he nodded, a tiredness sinking into his body. As long as I had known Law, he had always been a hard worker. Many nights when we first got together, he would stay up late doing paperwork or anything really to keep his mind busy. He avoided talking to me about it for a long time until one afternoon he had come home exhausted; the clinic forcing his hand to return home until he was able to stand without falling asleep. And then the truth came out. He was constantly working to keep his mind off the murder of his foster father, who had been murdered in cold blood by his own biological brother. Law had been only ten years old and seeing something happen like that left invisible scars. Slowly we worked through his pain until he could sleep at night, his nights terrors slowly drifting into once every few months unless he was stressed. "You be careful on your way to work." I called back to him as he walked down the hallway, buttoning his shirt. "I will." I heard his reply before turning back to the sink to wash the dishes. "Babe~ya, have you seen my-?" Law started before I interrupted him, "Your hat is on the hat rack and the keys are in the bowl by the front door." "Right." He hummed out, pulling me into a tight hug. "Ah, babe, careful! My hands are all wet!" I tried my best not to get his work clothes dirty as I needed to start the washing machine. "I'm going to miss you." He buried his face into my neck and I couldn't stop the blush that crept onto my face, "Ah, I'm going to miss you too." He shifted around until he was able to plant a sweet kiss on my lips "I love you." and then strutted off towards the front door to make it to work on time. "I love you too." I replied with a affectionate smile, giving a small wave as the front door close behind him. I shake my head, "What a man, huh Bepo?" I glance down at the dog, who wagged his tail in return. I giggle and pat his head before making my way to the spare room to start the laundry. I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was almost 9 o'clock. Just enough time to give Bepo his morning walk before heading off to work myself.