3

The hotel was one of the super fancy ones that felt like it was breaking my bank just by standing in the lobby. "Okie dokie," Trudy gave a nervous giggle as she shuffled over to me, "Miss Fae, I have a very important question for you." She seemed a bit flustered. "How can I help?" I assumed it was something about the cake. "Well I have a teeny problem." She stated, clearly trying to figure out how to bring it up. "Yes..?" I awaited her to gather her courage. "I have a open spot as a bridesmaid because my sister's friend can't make it on time and I was hoping that I could just substitute you??" She gave me a hopeful look and I swallowed the thick lump in my throat, "You want me to step in?" I was puzzled as to why she asked me. "You seem about the size of the dress and I really need that spot filled, plus you seem super nice!" She answered quickly, adding on the last compliment. I bit my lip, "Well I don't exactly have any problem with it..." And tugged lightly at my ear. A habit I developed as a young girl for when I was really nervous or uncomfortable. "Perfect!" She clapped her hands, "Let's go make sure the dress and heels fit!" She hurried down the hallway towards the elevators and I rushed to keep up.

We get into her room and I can't help but admire the beauty. It was some kind of suite clearly for the super elite. "Wow, this is nice." "I know right?" She squeaks out as she shuts the door behind us and hurrying over to her closet. "So have you ever been in a wedding before?" She asks. I set my stuff down on the edge of her bed, "No." I answer her honestly. "I only had guy friends growing up and eventually drifted from them when I moved here." "That must be difficult." She turned around, pulling out what must've been the ugliest peach color I had ever seen on a spaghetti strap dress. I blinked a few times as it felt like it was burning my eyes, "It was but then I met my boyfriend and slowly mingled my way into his friend group." I watch as she set the dress across the bed and went to dig for the heels. "You have a boyfriend? Cute." She replied, "How long?" I think she was trying to keep the conversation going to avoid an awkward silence between us. "Oh, three years." I answer quite proudly and she turns back to look at me, "That's a long time to be dating." She didn't try very hard to hide the snooty look on her face. "I wanted to take things slow so I think it's appropriate." I tug at my ear, her judgemental look making me uncomfortable. "How long did you date before he popped the question?" I tried switching the conversation back to her. She grinned widely, showing off her engagement ring proudly, "We had only been dating for a couple of months!" "Oh, congratulations." I smile at her as I glance at the shiny ring, "Wow, that must've cost a fortune." It was your typical white gold ring with a big diamond on it. "It did, I really love it!" She sets the heels down in front of the dress. "So you are engaged but it's your twin sister Ren that's getting married tomorrow?" I asked her to make sure I understood the situation. "Yup." She nodded before picking up the dress and handing it to me. "Alright, let's see how you look." I stand and take the dress, heading towards the bathroom. "Just give me a minute." I close the door behind me before making a face. This dress is so ugly, also she didn't have to be so snobby. Three years is certainly a better time to date someone than a few months. Who agrees to get married that soon? I give it a month tops before divorce.
I drop my shirt and pants to the floor before pulling up the peach dress. Ugh, it makes me look like a weird ghost with how pale my skin is. But it does make my red hair and blue eyes pop a bit...maybe that's just the lighting. I open the door, "I will need help zipping the back up." I turn around so she can reach the zipper. I heard her footsteps before a cold finger poked at my back, "That's a nasty looking scar, what happened??" I nearly freeze at her words. I had forgotten about the scars upon my back. "Oh, those." I swallowed thickly, "I was in a car accident as a kid." The lie rushed from my lips. "Damn." She zipped up the dress before turning me around, "It fits!" My scars seemingly forgotten about as she hurried over to grab the bling heels. "Try these on!" I slip them on and she squeals out "Perfect!" She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed out a number and put the speaker on.
"Sis, I found a replacement! It fits her perfectly!" I pulled at my earlobe as she moved across the room to talk with her sister about the wedding, waving at me to leave the room.
Thank God, I definitely don't want to stay here any longer.
I swiftly change back into my clothes, gather my things, and swiftly exit her room.