9

I shifted against Law's warmer side as we stopped at the park. "It's so beautiful." I mumble and then take a few steps over to the swing set, taking a seat. It had been a calming walk from the restaurant to the park. "That it is." Law's voice came from next to me as he took the next swing. I kicked a little at the ground to push myself, " It's been a wonderful day but I feel like this park wasn't the next part of the surprise." "Pretty sharp." He gave a gentle chuckle as he leaned back on his swing and turned slightly to look at me, "I did want to have a bit of a serious conversation." I set my legs down to stop my swing and looked at him, "It's nothing bad, is it?" He shook his head no, "I hope it would further our relationship but only if you are willing." I tilt my head as I thought about his words and then gave him my full attention, "What do you want to talk about?" "We have been dating for about three years now and have been going at the desired pace that we had agreed upon on our very first date but," He rubbed the back of his neck as he thought about his next words. "I want to be more intimate." I gave him a thoughtful look. Intimate? Ah. Sex? Well it has been three years and he has gone at the pace that I requested. "It's very unknown territory for me." I admitted softly and looked down at my hands in my lap, taking a breath. "But it has crossed my mind a few times." He reached over and gently laced my fingers through his own, "I can teach you, only if you are willing. We can take as long as you need, discuss anything." I looked up at him, trying to read his expression. It must be hard to be in a relationship with a woman who only cuddles with you. "Law, can I ask you a question?" I squeezed his fingers and he gave me a nod, "Ask away." "Have I ever made you sexually frustrated?" I tapped his hand with my thumb. There was a pause. A gentle silence formed between us as he seemed to be mulling over the question. "A couple of times, but nothing that I couldn't take care of myself." "Why didn't you tell me?" He switched our hands so now he was rubbing the back of my hand. "I deemed it unnecessary, honestly. I didn't want to talk about it with you because I did not want to seem like I was pressuring you into sex just because I was a bit frustrated." His answer made plenty of sense. I was glad that he hadn't told me before. My mental state at the beginning of our relationship was a bit unstable.
I took in a semi deep breath, "I do appreciate your patience with me." I gave him a gentle smile. He gave me a small smile in return before grabbing my other hand, "Why don't we head home, it's getting a little late." He stands and I stand as well, "Law." I swallow pass the lump that was building in my throat, "Can we have sex?" "Are you sure?" He replies softly and I nod, "I want to give it a shot."

The sunlight came in through the window and I shifted slowly under the covers to face my boyfriend. The night before fresh in my mind. His gentle touch lingering against my skin and I let out a soft breath. It was quiet. Oh so quiet. Yet, I wasn't bothered. My phone screen lights up on the nightstand and I lean over to grab it. A few text messages from my friends.
First I looked at Robin's.

I guess it was quite a wonderful surprise. Received at 5:06 pm. Image attached.

I clicked on the picture to see Law and myself sitting in the fancy restaurant just grinning happily.

Yeah, probably the best. Sent at 7:11 am.

I exited our conversation and went to check the rest of the messages. One of from Thatch, Ace, and an unknown number.

Fae, are you okay? Received 6:06 am. It's unusual for you to not show up to work.

I sigh softly. I had forgotten to text my boss and let him know that I was going to be very late to work. I rubbed my forehead and shifted a bit, feeling a sudden soreness making it's way through my lower body. I let out a soft groan, "They never told me about that..." I frown then look back to my phone.
What do I tell Thatch? I don't want to just blurt out my private life. I tapped the side of my phone. A small lie never hurt anyone. I can just work extra hard to make up for it.