i'll give you my love (i'll give you my blood)

'' i'll give you my love (i'll give you my blood) ''

ot8 (chan + jeongin centric)

- chan hasn't been drinking enough blood and jeongin's there to help

genre: fluff, a little bit of hurt/comfort

warnings: blood, blood drinking, vampire bites

word count: 1,737

the fridge light shines at him as he opens it for the nth time today, eyeing the single blood bag sitting inside.

there had been a shortage recently at their local blood bank, meaning that the vampires in the area were given less blood for the time being. the three of them don't need much blood, but they had only been given six pints to last them until their next batch (which wouldn't be until who knows when).

he closes the door of the fridge with a sigh, stopping himself from grabbing the drink.

chan's thirsty, hasn't had a proper meal for at least two weeks, and he can feel himself starting to grow weak.

vampires only needed to feed about once a week, and they could go a week and a half before starting to go hungry. any longer than a week and a half though would leave a vampire weak and at risk of losing control- which wouldn't be good for anyone.

chan knows this.

he knows this, yet he refuses to drink so that minho and changbin have enough to get by.

the other two were suspicious at first, wondering why he hadn't been drinking much recently but chan told them he's been borrowing some from a friend and that they didn't need to worry- a lie.

he's been trying to hide it, drinking as little as he can and trying to act normal around his boyfriends, but as time went on it was getting harder and harder.

he knew his friends a few towns over would be happy to let him take a few bags from their supply, but he'd feel guilty about it. it's hard enough to get as much blood as it takes to survive regularly, and he doesn't want to take away those who may need it.

"channie?" a soft voice calls from behind him, startling the vampire a little. he turns to see jeongin in the doorway, rubbing his eyes sleepily. how had he not heard the younger enter?

"why are you doing?" the younger continues, he had woken up thirsty and went to get a drink only to find chan standing in the kitchen in the dark.

"nothing innie, just getting ready for bed," chan replies, weakly smiling at the younger. he didn't want his boyfriends to have to worry about him.

jeongin seems reluctant to accept the answer, his eyes studying chan.

"are you sure?" jeongin asks softly, "you can tell me if anything's wrong,"

"i'm sure innie, don't worry about-" chan starts, taking a few steps towards the younger before his vision goes black for a second, making him stumble and almost fall to the ground.

he hears a gasp before feeling arms around his waist, holding him up. he closes his eyes as he feels himself being pulled somewhere, only opening them again as he registers being seated.

"you almost fainted," a voice says. chan has to blink a few times for his vision to clear up, seeing jeongin stand in front of him looking worried. "please don't lie to me, i know you're not okay,"