blood, sweat & tears

'' blood, sweat & tears ''

ot8 (chan, hyunjin, and jisung centric)

- hyunjin and jisung get mistaken as vampires after being spotted with chan and are attacked by vampire hunters

genre: angst, hurt/comfort

warnings: blood, injury, fighting, knives, stabbing, violence (all of this isn't too graphic though)

for those who want to skip the fighting part it starts at "that's so dumb jisung" and ends at "i'm so sorry for not finding you earlier"

word count: 3,327

while it was uncommon for vampire hunters (or any supernatural hunters for that matter) to go after vampires, the risk was never zero.

and unfortunately, last time chan went out in town with hyunjin and jisung to get some supplies, he had caught the eye of an unusual group.

thinking nothing at the time other than just some people who had never seen supernatural beings before (because, while they existed, they weren't as common as regular humans), chan decided to ignore their weird looks and glares and go on with his day.

many of the 'darker' supernatural beings like werewolves and vampires were frowned upon by some humans. while there were many that accepted them, there were still a few that treated them like outcasts due to myths and tales from years ago back when things were different.

there were laws put in place now to protect the supernatural from humans and vice versa, but just because they're there doesn't mean everyone will follow them.

and unfortunately, their trip into town that day didn't end so well.

"ooo channie there's a really cool potion shop down the street," jisung says, eyes sparkling "can we go check it out?"

"you guys go ahead," chan says with a laugh, "i need to grab some snacks for innie first, i'll meet up with you in a bit,"

"okay!" jisung replies, grabbing hold of hyunjin's hand and pulling the fairy down the street towards a potion store felix and he had spotted during their last trip.

it doesn't take long for them to finish looking around, jisung deciding against getting anything just yet (he knows he'll come back with felix soon anyways) and they leave the shop with big smiles.

"that's so dumb jisung, why would-" hyunjin says, laughing at a story the younger was telling before getting cut off as he gets pulled out of the street and into an alley. a hand covers his mouth before he gets a chance to make another noise.

jisung succumbs to the same fate, and moments later both males are pressed against the gritty wall of the alley, a few feet away from each other. unfortunately, the streets were pretty deserted, as the boys liked to visit during down hours, so nobody was around to see the commotion.

"look what we have here," a man says, stepping closer to the duo. hyunjin flinches as the man brushes a hand against his face, "you're both so pretty... too bad you're monsters,"

the man pulls a knife out, causing hyunjin's eyes to go wide. the man presses the tip of the knife to hyunjins cheek, adding a bit of pressure to cut the skin before pulling back, watching a drop of blood run down the boys cheek.

hyunjin winces, squeezing his eyes shut.

"now, we could stake you both right now," the man says, a manic smile coming across his face "but what's the fun in that?"