~3~

The Teiko graduation and summer vacation were now over.

It was hard, but Kuroko avoid the other five.

They had been desperately trying to get a hold of him.

But they were all now separated.

Kuroko read his light novel as he walked into the Seirin High School grounds.

It was packed with new and previous students, but there was no trouble for Kuroko to get through.

He just needed to rely on his natural low presence to get through. His misdirection was really of no use here and now.

Having to dodge hands and legs was annoying, but nothing he wasn't used to.

The large red head walking in front of him was of big help for getting forward without having to dodge everything and everyone who couldn't see him there.

Noticing a map of all the booths on the school grounds, Kuroko put his book down and eyed the basketball booth, which was farther down.

"Basketball! Basketball club!" a call caught Kuroko's attention. "Come join the basketball club!"

Kuroko turned to see a boy with a face similar to a cat's trying to get other's attention.

Kuroko walked over towards the student, but someone else stepped in front of him.

Looking up at the student, he was it was the redhead which he walked behind before.

"Are you guys in the basketball club?" asked the red head making the cat faced student slowly look up.

"H-Hai," he stuttered and he almost let go of the paper stack he held.

"Good," said the redhead and picked the student up by the nape of his uniform.

The student squeaked and all the papers flyers fell to the ground.

"Where's the booth?" asked the redhead.

"J-Just down there," stuttered the student, pointing a shaking finger.

The red head walked down the direction, still holding the poor student up by his uniform.

Kuroko blinked at the situation, but followed the students.

They arrived at the table where a boy with glasses and a girl were sitting.

"I wonder how the recruiting is going," they heard the girl say. "If they could just bring a few promising ones, that would be-"

The cat face student dangling in front of them caught the two's attention.

"Huh?" they said.

"I brought a student..." said the dangling student.

"Heh?" said the girl, not sure how to react.

"Is this the basketball club?" asked the red head holding him.

This caused the boy sitting behind the table to slowly look up at him.

"Um, yeah," nodded the girl, as she studied the red head.

"I want to join," said the redhead and placed the student he held down the table and sat down. "The basketball club."

Kuroko, who was just standing invisibly to the side, sighed and shook his head.

He walked over to the side of the table, grabbed a sheet from the pile, filled it in and just went off, not bothering to listen to the conversation between the students.

Walking through the crowd, he made it to the school doors, which were wide open for entrance.

He stopped and turned around to look back at the basketball club's table.