~12~

Greetings and Happy Easter Holidays, mina-san!

It feels like forever since last time we got more than a weekend free from school.

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

And an alternative title for this chap; Sandwich Wars!

******************

Kuroko's eyes fluttered open as the school bells rang.

Giving out a small yawn, he sat up at his school desk and looked up to see Kagami glaring at him from his own desk.

"Is something the matter, Kagami-kun?" asked Kuroko, confused.

Kagami gave out a grumble and faceplanted his head into his folded arms on the back of the chair.

"What was that?" asked Kuroko, blinking, confused.

"Need to go to the office after classes..." grumbled Kagami, more audibly.

"Ah, I see," nodded Kuroko, then tilted his head as Kagami gave him another glare.

"Lucky ghost of a brat..." grumbled Kagami, faceplanting his head into his arms again.

Kuroko just gave a small shake of his head and got out his book to read.

'If I remember correctly, for Inter-High, only the top three schools get advanced into the tournament after preliminaries,' thought Kuroko, eyeing over his book to see Kagami giving out a loud yawn. 'Tokyo will take part in the Kanto Tournament,' Kuroko looked up and out the window next to him. 'That means we will face Midorima-kun shortly.'

"Oi, what are you thinking about?" asked Kagami, gaining Kuroko's attention.

"I am thinking about the Inter-High and the preliminaries," answered Kuroko, placing his book down. "It's the 25th of April, and preliminaries start the 18th of May."

"Yeah? What about it?" scoffed Kagami, sitting up to cross his arms over his chest. "We go in, play and win. What's more to it?"

"Only the top three of each region will advance into Inter-High, Kagami-kun," explained Kuroko. "We will take part in the Kanto Tournament, as Tokyo is in Kanto. There is a chance we will come up against some of the other Miracles."

"Oh, really?" grinned Kagami, excited. "We already defeated that idiot, Kise. So who's next?"

"It was a practice match against Kise-kun we won, Kagami-kun. Kaijo High is in Kanawa, also in the Kanto Region, so we may come up against them in the preliminaries," explained Kuroko. "But Shuutoku High and Touou Academy are in Kanto as well."

"Shuutoku, Touou?" asked Kagami with a raised eyebrow. "Never heard of those."

"What places do you know, Kagami-kun?" asked Kuroko, shaking his head.

"Oi!" barked Kagami, but Kuroko just ignored him.

"Midorima-kun and Aomine-kun go to those schools," explained Kuroko. "The Miracle Shooting Guard and Ace."

"Midorima?" asked Kagami, then scoffed, annoyed. "That's the greenhead, right?"

"Yes," nodded Kuroko. "Midorima-kun is the Miracle known for his three pointers, and misses no shots."

"Pfft, like that's possible," huffed Kagami, leaning back. "Even if that's true, we'll just make sure he never gets the ball."

"Underestimate no one, Kagami-kun," said Kuroko, almost firmly. "And do not talk down on the others. We may be on different teams now, but we were on one together before."