~4~

It was the second day of practice, and the rain was pouring down outside.

Kuroko looked out the window at the pouring rain as the others were talking while waiting for Riko to arrive.

"Alright everyone!" yelled Riko as she came over with vests of blue and yellow colours. "First years, take yellow, and second years, take blue!"

Everyone grabbed their vest and put them on, standing ready for today's practice.

"Now then," nodded Riko. "We'll be having a mini-game between first and second year."

"Eh, a mini-game?" asked Furihata.

"I can't believe we're playing against the upperclassmen already..." muttered Kawahara.

"Do you remember the record they told us?" asked Fukuda. "They went to the finals in just their first year."

"Are you serious?!" asked Kawahara, shocked.

"That's not normal..." muttered Furihata nervously.

"There's nothing to be afraid of," said Kagami. "It's better to have stronger opponents than weaker ones. Let's go already."

Kuroko watched as everyone took their places on the court they were to play on.

Kagami and Mitobe went to the middle for the tip-off.

Riko blew the whistle, and she threw the ball up high into the air. The two in the middle jumping for it.

Kagami reached the ball and threw it where Kawahara caught it, then ran.

Everyone ran to the upperclassmen's side of the court and Kawahara threw the ball over them and to where Kagami was standing.

He grabbed the ball and jumped up to slam it with a harsh dunk into the hoop.

"That dunk was unbelievable," commented the first years, agape. "Amazing..."

Kuroko turned to observe everyone's reactions.

They were all either gaping in shock or just staring.

That included the coach.

"Oi, keep going!" said Kagami, making everyone snap out of their shock.

Izuki grabbed the ball on the ground, and the match continued.

Kuroko jogged back and forth, observing the match but held the ball a few times, which was stolen almost immediately afterwards.

Not like he could really do anything right now either way.

He needed a team of people on the same court, not just people running around.

'The first years except for Kagami-kun seem decent,' thought Kuroko as he saw Kagami do yet another dunk after the other. 'And Kagami-kun is good, but...'

"I can't believe the first years are this strong," panted Hyuuga.

"Kagami's doing it all by himself," said Koganei.

The ball was thrown again, and landed in Kuroko's hands.

Kuroko sighed inside himself as Izuki stole the ball, and Koganei threw it forward.

He took notice of Kagami's glare, but nothing he hadn't dealt with before.

"So high!" gaped Fukuda after seeing Kagami block Izuki from scoring.

"Nothing can stop Kagami now!" said Kawahara.

Riko's whistle blew at the out of bound ball, and Kuroko turned to the upperclassmen.