~5~

Kuroko put on his shoes and adjusted the bag over his shoulder.

Putting a hand on the doorknob, he looked to his side to see a small picture frame on the shelf.

A picture of him and the others in the Generation of Miracles after one of their first official victories together back in middle school.

He gave a small smile to the picture before opening the door.

"I'll be back soon," he muttered and closed the door after him when he left.

***************************

Kuroko walked down the hallway in Seirin High School, on his way to class 2-C.

Finding the sign to the classroom, he peeked inside through the open doors and saw Riko sitting alone at a desk, drinking milk.

He quickly made his way over to her and stopped at the side of her desk.

"Ano," said Kuroko, to get her attention.

Caught off guard, Riko jumped and spit out her milk from shock.

"I'd like an official club membership form," explained Kuroko, his stoic face revealing no reaction.

"K-kuroko-kun!" yelled Riko. "Don't scare me like that!"

Kuroko blinked with a slight tilt of his head.

"I apologize," he said with a slight bow. "But I want to become a full member of the basketball club."

"I-it's alright, I guess," stuttered Riko and pulled out a sheet from her desk. "Here."

"Thank you," nodded Kuroko, accepting the paper.

"Oh, and one thing," said Riko before Kuroko left. "I'll be waiting on the roof top Monday 8:40 to accept the form."

"Hai," blinked Kuroko, confused, but nodded. "I will be going then. I will see you soon."

"Y-yeah," stuttered Riko as Kuroko left the room. "What an unusual guy..."

*************************

Kuroko arrived back to his classroom and sat down at his desk.

Getting out a pen from under the desk, he gracefully filled out the sheet and looked it over.

He nodded after approving the information and got his novel out of his bag to read.

Not long after, he saw Kagami enter from the corner of his eyes and looked up.

Kagami walked over and sat down at his own desk in front of Kuroko, of course not noticing him.

"Ohayo, Kagami-kun" greeted Kuroko, making the redhead jump off of his seat with a spin.

"Kuroko!" barked Kagami. "How long have you been there?! And why are you sitting there?!"

"I've been here for a while and this is my seat," answered Kuroko. "This was my assigned seat when we started. I have always had a seat behind Kagami-kun."

"R-right..." muttered Kagami, then noticed the paper on his desk. "What's that?"

"Membership form for the basketball club," said Kuroko, lifting his novel back up to read.

"Membership form?" asked Kagami, confused.

"Hai," nodded Kuroko, still reading. "Kagami-kun knows that it is needed to be a full member, right?"

"O-of course!" barked Kagami, and stood up.

"Where are you going?" asked Kuroko, lowering his book.

"To get this membership form," said Kagami.