~7~

The next school morning, Kuroko had arrived a bit earlier than usual.

Right now, you could find him at his desk reading his light novel, if you could notice him, that is.

His focus was on the novel, as he already knew what all the students were gossiping about by the window.

Unable to say his goal out loud himself, he took a different approach to get them out.

"Hey," got Kuroko's attention to look up from the book.

There stood Kagami with a proud grin and went to ruffle the boy's blue hair.

"Great job," he praised.

"I do not know what Kagami-kun is talking about," said Kuroko stoically, then slapped his hand away. "And please stop that."

Kagami chuckled and sat down on his chair backwards so he was still facing him.

"Then what's with the dirt on your desk and sleeve?" he grinned.

Kuroko looked down and brushed them off.

"Kagami-kun can actually be observant," commented Kuroko, fixing his sleeve.

"Oi!" barked Kagami, but let down. "But good work."

Kuroko looked at him with blank eyes, then turned back to his novel again.

Kagami didn't get ticked or annoyed by this, actually. He just grinned wider.

He turned around and the morning bell rang.

*********************************

The school bells rang for the end of the last class, and everyone in the class got up and out.

Well, except two people.

Kuroko sat and slowly packed his bag with no rush, while Kagami snored on his desk.

"Kagami..." came a growl from the front.

Kuroko looked up to see the redhead still snoring on the desk, as the teacher marched towards him.

With a kick to the back of his chair, Kagami jumped up with a start just as the teacher stopped in front of him.

"Kagami Taiga, I would like to meet you at the office now," said the teacher.

"U-um, b-but..." stuttered Kagami and looked behind him in hope of help, but Kuroko had already left.

Kuroko closed the door after him and headed towards the gym for basketball practice.

Entering the gym, he found the others, except Riko, already inside the gym.

"Where's Kagami and Kuroko?" asked Hyuuga. "Damn those freshmen..."

"Ano," said Kuroko when he walked over. "I'm here."

"Ah!" yelped all of them.

"Kuroko, could you stop doing that?!" yelled Koganei.

"He's basically a ghost..." muttered Kawahara.

"A ghost..." muttered Izuki, then gasped. "A ghost who's a host!"

A bang and a cry of pain was heard, and everyone saw Hyuuga holding a fist over Izuki, who clutched his head.

"Die already," snarled Hyuuga at him.

"So... Where's Kagami?" asked Furihata.

"Kagami-kun got in trouble for sleeping in class," explained Kuroko.

"What an idiot," muttered multiple of them.

"Can't be helped," sighed Hyuuga. "Coach will arrive anytime, so let's get changed"