Pilot

Seated on the high balcony with your two older brothers, you sighed. The three of you were wrapped in thick fur, keeping yourself warm in the cold mountain air as snow blew in the wind and made its way through the mountains. Ivar winced as Roan tied his legs together once more, the cripple's legs aching as he tried and failed to hide his pain.

Ivar was born with a disability. His legs, deformed and fragile like a piece of shattered glass. Too much weight or move them the wrong way, and they break. Due to this, you and your oldest brother Roan were forced to take care of him. Neither of you minded the huge chore, not unless Ivar was being frustrating as he usually was. 

Roan was the eldest and therefore was the heir to the throne of the Ice Nation, or more commonly known as Azgeda. He was very protective over both you and Ivar, even if he knew your skills and abilities were unmatched by other warriors. Roan was more calm compared to the two of you. He may be extremely skilled in combat but whenever he wasn't fighting, he remained silent. He would watch over things in the palace, making sure nothing was wrong. He believed it to be his duty.

Then there was you. The youngest. Between yourself and your brothers, you were the most loyal and the most dangerous. During war, you would shout orders or lead the first battalion. Like Ivar, you were rather short-tempered and stubborn. But you were also intelligent and cunning. You had once been filled with wonder and curiosity, until your mother managed to beat it out of you and threw you into training with your brothers. 

"Try to be a little gentle, idiot." Ivar said, his accent heavy with annoyance. The second son sighed, leaning back in his seat as he winced. 

"Oh, shut up." Roan growled, shaking his head. His own accent, due to years of being a spy, had faded over the years. 

"Both of you shut up, dear brothers." You snarled as you reached for your glass of ale. Like Ivar, your own accent was strong and thick. 

Roan rolled his eyes but hesitantly did as told while Ivar chuckled. "Don't forget, baby sister, that we are in charge of you." 

It was your turn to roll your eyes as Ivar sipped his own ale. "Don't make me kick you, Boneless." You hissed.

Ivar the Boneless was the name he was given, due to his deformed legs. He didn't mind the name for it was what your father had called him as a child. He embraced it with his usual grin. 

"Shut up, Heartless." Ivar snickered, referring to the nickname your father had given you. Not many children could kill an animal with a blank face, as you had. Often, your father referred to you as a Heartless child. And now, it had developed into a name that the entire Coalition addressed you as. 

Suddenly, amidst your laughter and joking, a boom came from the heavens. It made the three of you jump, having never heard a sound like that before. You stood, furs dropping back into your chair as Roan and Ivar joined you in staring at the ship that was falling from the sky. 

Whatever it was soon faded out of sight as it flew over the mountains, directed towards the territories of Trikru, far from the Mountains of the Ice Nation. It soon landed with a crash loud enough that it echoed over the surrounding areas until it reached the palace. Soon enough, you could make out smoke as it rose in the distance.

You turned to glance at your older brothers, watching as Roan looked down, deep in thought. Suddenly, the eldest Prince turned and marched past the table, making his way inside. You rushed to grab your fur cloak, holding Ivar's chair steady so he could climb out and make his way inside after the man. 

-

Riding your horses at full speed, you and Ivar arrived in Trikru territory within the hour.  Roan had to stay behind and finish his duties in Azgeda, so he sent the two of you ahead. You and your brother managed to avoid the Trikru scouts, thankfully. Trikru couldn't find out that you were on their territory or else another war would start between the two clans. The Ice Nation and the Tree People had never played well together.