We Are Grounders PT1

As it got closer to the time to attack Skaikru, you and Ivar only grew more eager.

The guard had killed Finn and now Clarke was a prisoner of war. For some reason, Anya wanted to keep her alive.

As you and the other warriors hid deep in the woods, you warmed your hands by the fire while Ivar stuffed his face full of food and Anya remained silent, sitting on a log.

You glared at Clarke, keeping a close eye on her while she kept eye contact with you.

Clarke admits, she was terrified right now. As she kept eye contact with Theo, she realized how scary the woman really was. As the fire illuminated her and her brother, Clarke was able to see the white face paint under their eyes, the knives attached on their hips, sleeves and legs, the swords resting beside them.

It truly was like Clarke was staring death in the eye.

Most of the warriors were sleeping by now, others on watch. The only sound throughout the whole forest was the animals, the crackling of the fire, Ivar eating his food like a pig and a nearby guard sharpening his weapon.

That's when you heard a twig snap and your horse neigh. Ivar heard it too for he stopped eating, both himself and Anya looking towards the trees as you stood.

With your knife in hand, you stared at the surrounding nature until you heard another twig. Without hesitation, you threw the weapon at the tree, causing whoever was there to stop.

Tristan.

"Your left flank is vulnerable." He said, staring specifically at Anya

The warriors who had been resting jumped up in alarm, weapons at the ready as they stood.

"My archers are in the trees with orders to kill anyone hostile. Not to mention, I have two very loyal Azgeda spies and assassins willing to kill or die for me. You're not hostile, are you, Tristan?" Anya asked

"So this is who's beating you?" Tristan asked, looking down at Clarke as she backed away from him

"Who are you?" She asked

"I'm the man sent to slaughter your people." Tristan said

"The Commander sent you?" Anya asked

"Your unit is mine now." Tristan said, facing the woman again. "My rangers are hungry. They're at the river. Go feed them." He ordered

You scoff but grab your sword and started towards the trees, but not before looking back at Ivar who smirked. At least he didn't have to. "You better save me some food." You hiss

"Get food yourself. There are squirrels." He grinned

"Mhm." You roll your eyes, continuing towards the river to feed Tristan's troops.

-

Not to long had passed when you returned to find everyone panicking. A signal fire had been lit for some reason, only confusing you more. "What's going on?" You ask

"Signal fire. Reapers." Tristan shortly explained

Ivar was already on his horse and had yours ready. You didn't hesitate to jump on and glance back at Clarke.

"I'll see you in Valhalla, Sky Girl." You hiss, riding after Tristan with the warriors running or riding after you.

It didn't take long to realize that it had all been a lie. And then you realized that Lincoln was gone.

When you returned, there was no body. Clarke had been freed and Lincoln did it. You grew angry, putting out the fire.

"Let's move!" You shout

-

After riding through the woods, you soon found them. You didn't hesitate to jump off your horse, bow and arrow ready. You chased them up the hill, seeing that Finn was fucking alive.

Lincoln led them into the Reaper tunnels with you standing just outside the entrance, shooting arrow after arrow. "Lincoln! Get back here, you traitor!"

You were ready to follow them in, but Ivar stopped you. "No, my sister! There is no point in going in when they will die anyways."

"Ivar is right. We know where they're going, if the mine doesn't kill them first." Tristan hissed

He left, Anya and the other riders following. Ivar waited till you were on your horse to follow them.

-

The plan was for the scouts to arrive first. They did, of course. But when they reported back and said that they had stopped Skaikru from fleeing their camp, you were shocked by their boldness.

You had naturally assumed they would stand their ground and fight. That's what Bellamy would do. But it was quite clear that Clarke had won her way.

But now that they're trapped behind their walls, they had no choice but to fight.

As the war drums played behind you, the people of Trikru kept advancing on Skaikru's camp. It was nightfall and not one person held a torch. But in the distance, you saw the familiar orange glow of the Skaikru camp.

"Are you prepared, my brother?" You ask, looking to the man on the horse beside you

"I cannot wait to have this done with. I wish to go home. I wish to feast and sit in my throne!" He grinned

"As do I, dear Ivar. I wish to go home just as much as I wish to kill." You smirk. "This'll be fun."