Unity Day

The Day of Beginning. Or Deyon Kom Beginning, as your people call it. The day that Bekka Pramheda came to your world.

The day that Grounders came to exist.

The village was bursting in celebration. Music was being played, People gathering around fires to listen to the stories, Children laughing and playing.

You and Ivar remained away from the festivities, drinking ale and laughing at tales of your own. You shoved your brother to the side, earning a shove in return as the two of you laughed.

-

By nightfall, you and Ivar were now by Anya's side as Lincoln explained everything.

"We would go with no weapons. That was one of their conditions. They want peace. Personally, I think we need peace as well. After all, wouldn't you rather finish this war with no more bloodshed?"

"They kidnapped and tortured you, my friend. Yet you want a deal with them?" You ask

"No. I want a deal for peace. And if that includes them, so be it." Lincoln replies. I've been informed that there are more coming from the sky. Warriors. Due to our attacks on Skaikru, they've been chosen to be sent down and to slaughter us."

"We can fight them." Ivar chuckled.

"No, Ivar. We cannot."

"Very well. We will meet them. Tomorrow. Mid-Day. No weapons." Anya nods

"Thank you." Lincoln pants before rushing out

It was silent for a moment before Ivar spoke. "I assume we'll be bringing weapons?"

Anya nods. "Ivar, you'll be with me. Theo, you'll take a group into the trees. Only attack on my signal."

"Yes, Seda." You nod, leading the way out of the tent, Ivar following.

-

You and your people arrived first, hidden by the woods. "You!" You hiss, gaining the attention of the warrior beside you. "Take the other archers above. Wait for Anya's signal. Only then do you fire. The rest, stay with me."

As the men began to climb, you noticed Octavia was already on the bridge. With a difficult view, you ordered the others to remain on the ground and quickly began to climb up.

And you were right. There Octavia stood, pacing back and forth. You weren't surprised when you saw Finn and Clarke come out of the trees. The leader of the Sky People was very clearly angry.

When rustling was heard below you, you looked down and saw Lincoln running onto the bridge. Octavia began to run, meeting your friend halfway where they embraced quite lovingly.

A forbidden love story. How adorable.

Hearing the hoof beats, you looked down again, seeing Anya, Ivar and a guard riding onto the bridge. Ivar and the guard held bows in the hands and had quivers filled with arrows on their backs.

Looking up, Ivar nodded to you. You nodded back and he looked forward to the four people waiting on the other side.

Clarke began to walk forward, Anya getting off her horse and doing the same, face showing no emotion. Clarke was very clearly scared.

You smirk when they finally stand before each other, knowing that Anya would never make a deal unless it was a worthy one. And these children had nothing to offer.

It was silent. All you could hear were voices to quiet to hear the actual words. By the look on your brother's face, he couldn't hear anything either.

Minutes passed when you saw Anya growing angry. "Prepare your arrows." You whispered as you readied your spear.

"Clarke, run!" You heard a familiar voice say before gunfire sounded throughout the area. The man beside you was shot and you watched as he fell to the ground with a thud.

"ANYA, GET THE HELL OUT!" You shout, throwing your spear across the river and missing by an inch as arrows and bullets flew through the air

When you saw blood erupt from Anya's arm, you growled, jumping down from the tree. "Cover me!" You shout as you ran onto the bridge to collect your mentor

You grabbed her arm and began to drag her away, helping her onto her horse. Taking the bow from Ivar's hands, he helped you into his horse.

Everyone began to evacuate when you found those who started this. Jasper, Bellamy and Raven all stood across the river, guns in hand. While Jasper and Raven fled, Bellamy fired off more bullets before he caught your eye.

You readied an arrow and shot at him, watching him flee just in time to avoid getting hit.

Anya and the guard rode off as you readied another arrow, in an attempt to hit Octavia, only for her to be shielded by Lincoln.

You growled before Ivar rode off, leaving you to stare after the traitor.

-

By nightfall, you and Ivar had been hidden in the woods. He sighs, watching you punch the tree again. Knuckles bleeding, the tree creaked like it always does.

"Theo-"

Before Ivar could finish his sentence, another loud boom was heard from the sky. Looking up, you saw a large ship flying through the sky before it landed and caused a loud explosion. You and Ivar shield your eyes from the burning orange light.

By the time you looked back, the smoke was floating into the sky but the fire illuminated everything nearby. Standing before it all, you turned back to your brother. "It seems that Skaikru's reinforcements failed them." You chuckle

Ivar grinned darkly, eyes twinkling with joy at the sight of death, listening to the screams of the survivors. They were burning alive.

You smirked, breathing in the smoke as the screams sounded like music to your ears.

"Tomorrow, we shall attack." Anya said as she approached, also listening to the shrieks as she looked to you and Ivar. "We will release the boy. He has the sickness."

"And our problems will be solved." You smirk.

"You two, torture him some more. He won't shut up." Anya smirked. "You've earned it."

Ivar laughed as he crawled to the village, going to torture the boy who had already given up the beautiful information you needed.

You inhaled the smell of death once more before leaving as well.