Human Trials

"They killed her! They took their guns and shot her! Our mentor! Our friend! But we can't attack them?!" You ask with a shout, slamming your fist onto the table while pointing to the entrance of the tent.

Ivar let out an annoyed sigh. "We have our orders from mother. If we attack now-"

"They killed Anya!" You said

"I know that! I saw the body with my own eyes! You need to calm down and do as you're told! Say nothing to Skaikru. Don't engage or attack. Don't leave our camp." Ivar said, pointing at you before turning to look at the guards. "Make sure she stays away from Skaikru."

"I don't need babysitting." You hiss

"Until I'm convinced otherwise, yes, you do." Ivar replied

You stormed out of the tent, annoyed as the guards followed but made sure to keep their distance too. You walked to an empty tent. Nearly empty, anyway.

On a table, decorated with flowers, lay Anya. Her eyes were closed and her skin was clean. Her hair was brushed and smooth. Her hands held her sword which lay atop her stomach.

You took a chair and sat with her, sighing. You knew that soon, you would have to hand her body over to Trikru. For they have a death ritual. They burn their dead after praying.

You stared at the body for a moment, listening to the sounds of the birds flying outside. You could hear the horses snorting from where they grazed. The dogs that helped hunt barked at each other as they fought for food. Even the shouts of Skaikru from afar.

"So. Anya Kom Trikru. A fearsome warrior. Gone for good." You sigh. "Who would've thought?"

You sat there in silence with your old mentor. Until a loud buzz from the gate of Skaikru's camp.

You stood and gently pushed the tent flap open, peeking outside. It seemed as if Bellamy had returned. He had Octavia, Monroe and another member of their clan with him.

You walked out of the tent, crossing your arms as you watch. Clarke had ran from the medical tent and hugged Bellamy, the young boy hugging her back.

You scoffed as you grabbed your knife, going to leave but Ivar's guards stood in front of you, clearing their throats. "Your Highness, we cannot allow you to-"

"Get out of my way." You said

"We have orders."

"And I'm giving you new ones. Follow them or I'll feed you to the dogs. And the bugs will eat the scraps." You threatened.

One guard looked to the other. He knew you were serious. He had seen it before as did his friend. So, he stepped to the side and allowed you to pass.

You walked up the hill, and soon, you stood in front of the gate. They allowed you inside and soon, you stood behind them all, listening to what Clarke had asked.

"Where's Finn?"

"Looking for you." Bellamy answered, sounding slightly concerned but you only chuckled.

"So, in what your people call, Grounder territory, you let Finn and Murphy go off on their own?" You ask, moving to stand with them

"Princess Theo." Octavia said. "What is Azgeda doing here?"

You could tell she wasn't happy that you or your people were here, causing you to smirk. "Azgeda and Skaikru have made... an alliance. In return for my freedom, we help you. We provide for you and help find your people. Be thankful."

"What?" Clarke asked. "They seriously made an alliance with you people?"

You smirk at her. "Why don't you ask your mother?"

-

Later that night, you had found out that Bellamy, Clarke and Octavia had left camp to find Murphy and Finn. How did you find out?

You had been sitting at a table when Abby stormed over to Raven who had been sitting alone. She slammed her hand down in front of the mechanic.

"Did you know about this?" Abby asked

"No." Raven answered. You could tell she was lying by the little emotion in her voice, along with the look in her eye. And you could see Abby noticed too.

The older woman sat down with a hard stare.

"Sure, have a seat." Raven sarcastically remarked.

"Tell me where they went and you won't be in trouble." Abby said sternly.

"Abby, I-"

"Someone let them through the fence. Someone gave them guns." Abby said, slowly standing. You and Ivar watched closely as Raven stared at her.

"I don't know what you're talk-"

A loud smack filled the air as Raven's head flung to the side. People around you looked at the two in shock.

Raven slowly turned to look at the woman as Abby sat back down. Those who were looking turned around and kept going about their business.

Raven said nothing, sliding over her drink to Abby.

"She thinks that because of what she's been through, she's changed. But she's still just a kid." Abby said, tears in her eyes.

"You're wrong, Abby." Raven said. "She stopped being a kid the day you sent her down here to die."

Abby, distraught and stressed, walked off in tears, leaving Raven to stare after her. You let out a sigh, the girl looking to you. "You ok?"

"Like you care." The girl scoffed

"You're right. I don't." You said, standing. You walked over, grabbing the note as Raven watched you closely.

Mom,
I hope you understand that I had to do this.
Clarke

-

The next day, you had been by the lake, resting your eyes as you lay in the sun when you heard a horse trotting over.

"Princess Theo, your Highness. I have terrible news from Nyko." The Trikru man said

You opened your eyes and looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. Nyko was a healer in the Tree Clan and one of Lincoln's friends. He was well-known by most.

"Nyko? What news did he give you?"

"An assassin of Skaikru was sent to TonDC. He killed 18 and left 3 injured. Woman, children, elderly. Most of the village was off at Polis to trade and the farmers went to sell their crops. The death toll would've been much higher."

"A Skaikru assassin?" You ask, sitting up. "Killing 18 innocents? This'll attract enough attention for the Commander to come here. Go. Tell my brother. Then return home."

As the rider went to find Ivar, you looked to the rippling water, deep in thought. If Lexa were to come here, she would either kill the assassin or kill Skaikru altogether. But who was the assassin? And how could you make sure that this clan could be destroyed?