Chapter 4: Unwanted Guest

Ga on never thought that he would get bombered by a college student but Elijah proved him wrong. The situation was quite laughable but he was too scared to let his laugh out so he just decided to keep silent and every some seconds he would distanced the phone from his ear to be able to breath.
There was a mass of papers in front of him. His client wasn't much of a help since she gave him literally nothing. His mind was wondering if she was actually innocent but as a lawyer he had to believe in it.
A knock on the door of his office came to his rescue.

" Elijah I should go now. I'll call you later. " he couldn't more thankful to the unknown and unexpected guest. He never was this fast to hung up then he walked to door to face a familiar face in front of him.

" OH crap. Are you kidding me? " The aggressive lawyer said after she came face to face with him. He was too shocked to wanna react to the rude comment. He just raised one of his eyebrows as a sign of " what the fuck are you doing here? "

The woman cleared her throat.
" Park Eun Bi. My client is your client's current roommate. " and then she raised her hand.
It took a while for him to process the new information. She never mentioned she had a roommate, let alone them being in a same situation. What the hell is wrong with her? He noticed her hand was up for some time. He coughed to cover up for him spacing out then shook her hand.

" She didn't mention any roommate to me. So how can I help you? "

" We're gonna talk here? " Ga on wished he could forget about being a gentleman. He moved away.

" Please come in. " he said sarcastically which she noticed but decided to ignore. Eun bi straight went to the couch and sat.

" And of course you can sit... " he said while closing the door and again she ignored. He walked to the couch in front of her and sat down. He could see why she's here although he didn't know about her client situation. He even didn't know about his own.

" So my client said that they were both asleep at their house at the time murder happened."

" You want them both be each other witnesses? They can't do that. It's against the law. "

" I know that. " she rolled her eyes and Ga on hands formed a fist to control the anger that was coming.

" If you find something it probably will help me and if I find something it'll help you too. So I'm saying let's work together. "

Ga on eyes went wide." WHAT? "

" Let's work it out together. "

It's been jusr three minutes they've met and he already wanted to rip her head off and she wanted to work together? Why there were just crazy girls around him?

" What if I find out your client is the murderer? "

" Didn't you hear me? I just said they were both sleep. You can ask your client. "

" I heard you but your client could make sure mine is asleep then go out. In that case you wanna defend a murderer and I don't like to work with such people. " he looked into her eyes wishing she would feel insulted and get out of there.

" Well the same thing can go with your client. How can I be sure? "

" I don't wanna make you sure. So there is no reason to work with each other. It was pleasant to meet you. " he stood up and showed the way to door with a little smile on his face.