Chapter 7: Surprise

The house in Gangam did make more sense. Ga on eyes followed Eun bi and her friend who he didn't know the name probably because he was too annoyed to wanna pay attention to her introduction, struggling with the keys to open the door. When they finally succeeded, Eun bi motioned him to come in. The house was new and it was big enough for one person. Considering the district, she probably didn't spend all her money on the house. He thought there should be a sign around to show where she hid or spent the money.
He looked around. Eun bi was looking through the drawers next to the bed.

" Are you gonna stand there all day? " Eun bi asked when she felt his stare.

" I'm gonna look over there... " he pointed at the kitchen. She nodded and got back to her work. Ga on really didn't want to let her be, possibly hiding or destroying the proofs but on the other hand he couldnt risk making her suspicious. He walked over to the kitchen and opened the cabinets randomly. In the third one something caught his eyes. He picked it up noticing it was a bankbook.

" Did you find something? " Eun bi appeared behind him, scaring him a little. He shook the bankbook.

" It's from a bank. Clearly not korean. "  he said. He opened the book to face the number. "900,000 $" he whispered.

" WHAT?? " she shouted.
Ga on deep breathed.

" I don't wanna go deaf, you know? " he looked at her with no expression.

" Sorry. It's a big number. But where's the bank? "

" Switzerland... " Ga on answered unwillingly. The country name made him felt weird.

" I don't think we should go there... "

" Are you kidding? We're going there. I'm reserving the bilits. " she said opening her phone.
Ga on looked back at the name Switzerland. He did plan to go there but right now it felt like he was stuck in a box. He can't ran away anymore.

That night Ga on considered all the possibilities. He even thought he may never come back. Not that Eun bi could be the killer, which he thought it got a big chance, but his life never was predictable.
He looked at the box next to his TV. It might be his last chance to open it. His hands were shaking and there were tears in his eyes so the opening took more time than usual. It was a bunch of his pics with Soo Hyun and some letters. At the end he found a book he'd seen before. It was her diary. He remembered when he caught her writing it and she never let him look. He sat on his bed and started reading. It was around the time they just met that he went to sleep.

The next day started with Eun bi calling him nonstop. He answered and promised he would make it for the flight. He took the diary and put it in his bad that he got ready last night. It was gonna be a long day.

" Let's straightly go to the bank... " Eun bi suggested. He thought going there when both of them were carrying bags would be weird but he just nodded. He couldn't speak English that well so he put everything in her hands. The worst could be his death and it wasn't like he already weren't there. When he came out of the taxi he knew something was off. The building in front of them didn't look like a bank at all.

" Where are we? "

" I have no idea. The address is correct. Maybe we should just go in? " she said walking toward the door. Ga on hesitated a little before walking after her. She opened the door and took some steps then just stood there.

" Do you see something? " he asked before he gets to the same place as her. But when he did...

" It's been a long time, judge... Oh no... Lawyer Kim. " The man looked at him with a devilish smile.

" Kang Yohan... " he whispered in shock.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise!!!!