Chapter Seven

Y/N lightly held the other woman's arm

Y/N lightly held the other woman's arm. The touch of sticky red blood caressed her hands and the irony smell tugged at her nose.

She closed her eyes and focused on pulling the woman back together. She imaged the flesh being pulled together and fixed at the seams. Before long her hands felt warm and the feeling of calm washed over her. 

After a few seconds, she opened her eyes and lifted her hands. The wound was completely gone.

"How do you feel?" Y/N asked the woman.

The woman felt her arm and stared at the spot in awe, "I feel much better, thank you."

Y/N smiled at her, "No problem."

After she said her goodbyes to the people of the town. She found Trevor at the newly opened entrance.

"So this is it?" she looked at the monster slayer, "We're going to go on a long journey together."

"It seems that way," Trevor leaned against a wall.

The healer adjusted the strap of her bag, "Where is everyone else?" 

Trevor pulled out his blade and started to mindlessly look at the imperfections tarnishing the metal, "Sypha is saying goodbye to her family and I don't know where the bloodsucker is." 

"Okay."

The two stood in silence. It was suffocating.

A frown fixed itself on the young woman's face. Talking to Trevor felt like talking to a brick wall.  

"I'm back," Sypha announced as she walked over to them, "I hope I wasn't taking too long." 

"No you were fine," Y/N looked over to Trevor. He was still staring at his blade with seemingly no interest in the conversation, "We were just waiting for you." 

The scholar's lips were pulled into a frown and her eyes were cast down at the ground. She unconsciously rubbed one of her arms and her eyes were red.

Y/N raised her eyebrows, "What's wrong?" she inquired.

"Speakers travel in groups and I'm not worried about my people. They are resilient," she bit her lip as of trying to physically hold back her words. "I've never been on my own before," the speaker revealed quietly.

"You're not alone," Y/N placed a hand onto the other woman's shoulder, "You have me and Trevor and Alucard."

Sypha offered her a small smile, "Thank you," she directed her gaze to Trevor and glared at him, "At least someone in this group knows how to console people."

He looked up from his blade for the first time since the conversation started, "I'm not used to traveling with companions," he straightened up, "Anyway, we need to focus on our more pressing task so we don't get killed. Then you can see your friends again."