Chapter Twenty

The healer huffed as she lugged the heavy bag

The healer huffed as she lugged the heavy bag. She could barely drag the bag let alone lift it. 

She had crafted her wagon from a watermelon and had already loaded most of her necessary items into the back of it. All she had left was to load the heavy sack consisting of heavy books, maps, and jars of herbs into the back of the wagon. 

Y/N huffed as she struggled to lift the bag. Suddenly, the bag was lifted and the pack turned weightless.  

She looked up from her hunched position to see the dhampir lifting the rucksack without an issue. 

She gave him a smile, "Thanks."

"You could have asked me," he frowned at her as he held the bag. 

She adjusted the satchel at her side. "I would have eventually made it," she began walking, "...even if it took a little while."

Y/N frowned as she thought about her new journey and where she was going. 

Hector was a staple in her past and she wouldn't be who she is without him.

Alucard had become a fixture in her present-day to day life. She had grown so comfortable with him in only a few months. 

The duo walked down the grand stairs of the castle and into the foyer. 

She stopped at the bottom of the steps causing her companion to pause as well. 

He tilted his head at her, "What's wrong?" 

"I meant everything I said last night" she held his free hand, "I'm not going to abandon you after all of this is over. I plan on coming back to the castle."

 He lifted her hand and pressed a kiss onto the back of it, his eyes bored in hers. "I'm holding you to that." 

She held the intense eye contact, "I wouldn't want it any other way." 

They slowly separated before continuing their way out of the castle. Sumi and Taka were lifting produce and non-perishables into the back of the wagon. 

"Is that the last bag?" Sumi pointed at the sack that Alucard was carrying. 

Y/N nodded as Alucard placed the bag into the back of the wagon, "Yes, and thank you both for helping me load my things."

Taka beamed at her, "No problem! It wasn't an inconvenience at all."

Sumi briefly side-eyed her companion before turning her attention back to the healer, "Do you need help with anything else?" 

 "Actually, could you both go to the cellar and get a few bottles of wine," Alucard took a key off of the key ring and it to them,  "The old ones at the very back." 

"Sure," Sumi took the key from him and made her way to the castle with Taka following behind her.

"What's this all about?" she grinned at the dhampir.