Chapter Thirty-Two

The young woman raised her eyebrows, "Marry you?"

Carmilla continued to smile, "Of course," she stepped closer to the healer, "You simply can not deny the attraction between us."

Y/N took a step back, "I don't want to be married to someone who wants to enslave the human race."

The vampire's smile dropped, "So she did tell you everything. Pathetic." 

"Let me and Hector go," the young woman said.

She was tired of Carmilla's antics and quite tired of being at the snowed-in castle. 

"Since when do you have the authority to make demands?" Carmilla tilted her head with a smirk. 

"Since you asked me to marry you."

The two women stared at each other silently before Carmilla shrugged. 

"Fine. Marry me and I'll let your dear Hector leave unscathed. Refuse and I'll throw him back into the dungeon like the sewer rat he is," she leaned in with a raised brow, "What is your choice?"

Her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest, she was afraid the vampire in front of her could hear it.

She had spent so long trying to save Hector and now she finally had a chance. 

She couldn't help but think back to when he found her in that little shack with the tiniest window. She didn't know where she would be if he hadn't stumbled upon her that fateful day. Probably in a ditch somewhere. 

Y/N slowly nodded, "Okay. I will marry you, in exchange for Hector's freedom."

Carmilla bit her cheek trying to contain her smile, "Perfect. I'll make some arrangements." 

"Can I see Hector?" she crossed her arms.

The vampiress frowned, "No. But we can go on a walk together."

Her expression dropped and she uncrossed her arms, "But you said—"

"I said that I would let him go," Carmilla tilted her head, "I never said that you could say goodbye." 

"Curse you," she turned away from the pale-haired woman. 

The vampire simply chuckled, "I love you too dear."

The sound of the door closing entered her ears, and she turned around to see that Carmilla had left.

Y/N waited a few minutes before walking over to the door and peeking into the hallway. She crept out of her room and listened for the sound of metal hitting metal. 

It wasn't long until she found the forge. The door was wide open and Hector was striking down his hammer next to a dead body. 

The body lengthened and its limbs twisted. The ears became pointy and sharp claws stretched from its fingertips.