Chapter Nine

The two quietly walked over to the door

Y/N felt light and worry-free without the secrecy looming over the group. If she had known that they would be so nonchalant she was have told them sooner.

She wondered where the group would go after stopping Dracula.

Hector returning with her wasn't a guarantee as much as she wanted to lie to herself. He could just as easily walk away from her like he did all those weeks ago.

"This is the door right here."

In front of her was an ornate wooden door, decorated with rubies and all types of jewels.

She placed her hand on the door and to not cause a flood she turned the door into a pile of apples.

Trevor stared at her in awe, "I doubt think I'll ever get used to that."

She bended down and picked up two apples, handing one to him, "Compared to the rest of you, it isn't anything special," she frowned before taking a bite of the apple.

"It's unique to you and I haven't seen anything like it. It is special," he told her earnestly.

Before she could respond a wave of dizziness came over her and caused her to stumble. Trevor placed his hands on her upper arms to steady her.

"Are you okay?"

She waved him off, "I'm fine," she tried to stabilize herself only to lean on him further, "I'm not used to using my abilities this much not to mention, today I did a lot of things that I didn't know I was capable of."

"When was the last time you slept?" he asked as he held on to her.

"It's been a while," she moved away from him to lean on the wall next to the door, "However, I'll be fine. I can keep on going."

"You can get some rest if you need it," he assured her, "I don't mind and you already opened the door for me."

The young woman pushed herself off of the wall, "Nonsense, I want to see what's inside this room," she wiggled her arms and stretched her torse, "Moving around would be good for me anyway, it keeps the blood flowing."

He stared at her for a moment before nodding slowly, "If you insist."

The two walked in through the doorway and were both instantly amazed at what was in store. An assortment of different weapons lined the walls.

"Wow," she whispered as she looked at all the artillery, "I don't know why I didn't expect a lineage of monster hunters to have a collection of weapons."

"It's so dark in here," Trevor commented as he squinted his eyes.

"Oh," Y/N muttered in realization, "I think I can help with that. Sypha taught me a new trick."

The healer walked up to an unlit candle. She focused on the idea of fire and it's warm, a little flame emerged from the tip of her index finger and she used it to like the candle.