⭒1⭒

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Follow me Miss l/n" Watari opened the gates.

The building was old, but in much better shape than your house.

You walked into a small lobby

The inside looks much better than the outside...

You looked around curiously.

Watari sat you down on a small desk in what you assumed was an office and placed a test in front of you.

"You have 45 mins to complete this my dear, good luck!" He smiled and walked out.

***

45 minutes go by and you finally finish the booklet.

"I have finished Mr.Watari." you smile, nervously handing him the test.

He quickly grades it in front of you.

"Congratulations Miss y/n, you have passed. Your score is not quite high enough to be L's successor, but you may stay here."

L's successor? The famous detective L...?

"You must choose an alias y/n, all of our students have one. Please refrain from sharing your true name with anyone."

Alias? Hmm.... what should I choose?

"Please hurry Miss y/n I have business to attend to," Watari said gently.

"What should I choose?" You ask Watari.

"What's your favourite animal?" He asks.

"Ummm..... cats?" You say, unsure.

"Perfect! Kat it is! The movers will bring your belongings here shortly." He quickly scribbles your name down.

"Wait-"

"Now I will bring in a student to show you around" he cuts you off, handing you a key with your room number on it.

***

A few minutes later a boy with blue eyes and chin-length blonde hair angrily walks in.

"Roger and Watari told me I had to show you around or whatever." He huffs.

He grabs your wrist and drags you out of the office.

"I'm Mello by the way."

"And I'm Kat."

"Cute name."

Huh...?

"Umm, thanks..." you mutter.

"Anyways.... this is the cafeteria,"  he says in a bored tone, motioning to the children sitting at the tables.

I hope I can find some new friends! Maybe even a best friend...

"This is the library"

Your eye catches something, or rather someone. A white-haired boy sitting alone in the corner of the library, putting together a puzzle.

You frowned.

He looks so lonely...

You don't even notice how you're staring at him.

He looks up at you curiously, and you could have sworn you saw a sparkle in his eyes.

He shakes his head quickly and looks down at his puzzle, ignoring you.

How awkward...

"Oh so I see you've noticed near, don't mind him, he's a loner." he scoffs, pulling you away.