⭒5⭒

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***

Another year passed by and your feelings for Near had grown...a lot.

You were 14 now and Near was 15. You both were much older, and a lot more mature, You were now painfully aware of your feelings for Near, which by now far exceeded feelings held for a mere friend or even a best friend for that matter.

You rolled around in your bed restless. It was 4:00 am and you were awake, yet you refused to open your eyes, afraid sleep would leave you for good.

"Ugh," you whined, flopping over on your right side and slamming your arm down in frustration.

"Ow." a soft voice whispered.

Your eyes flew open.

There he was, curled up next to you under the covers of your small bed.

"Near??? I'm so sorry for hitting you I didn't mean it" You gingerly rub his injured cheek.

"It is alright, I am aware that hurting me was not your intention" he smiled, holding your hand to his cheek.

But then it hit you...

Wait a minute... Near's in my bed... NEAR'S IS MY BED???

Near had kept his promise of watching over you every night in case you had a nightmare. He would spend every night playing with his toys while sitting on the floor next to your bed, sometimes even falling asleep there. But he had never been THIS close before.

"But Near what are you doing here? I understand you said you wanted to be here for when I have a nightmare, but why are you...u-um... in my... um-" you blushed.

"Bed? Why am I in your bed? Well, I suppose I wanted to be closer to you. I enjoy feeling your warmth and holding you against me. It's quite unusual, the emotions I experience because of you. I don't understand them. These feelings are quite foreign to me." He admitted in his usual monotone voice

"Uh- wait what?" You were stunned.

No, I have to be dreaming...

Is he being serious?

This is what I've always dreamed of, and it's finally happening?!

The gentle and kind friend that I've always dreamed of having has feelings for me?

No, that can't be true... I'm not lucky that way...

"I seem to have grown attached to you..." his dark eyes looked into yours.

"Really?"

"Yes, and I have deduced the reason why" he smiled, his grey eyes shining.

"What is it Nearie?"

He stared deep into your e/c eyes, gently grabbing your face and leaning in.

His soft yet slightly chapped lips smashed against yours.

Your first kiss...

he slowly pulled away

"It's because I like you" he whispered against your lips, pulling you into another kiss.

You smiled against his lips.

"I'm hoping you mean more than a friend Nearie" you giggle.

"Of course, let me rephrase that; I have romantic feelings for you." He smiles and gently cups your cheek.

After all these years, your dream of finally being around someone gentle and loving finally came true. You had always imagined it to be a friend of some sort but this is even better. Near's your BEST friend, you are inseparable, two halves of a whole, and now you both share the same romantic feelings towards each other.