Jules - Injured

Jules' POV:

It was unusually calm today at the beach for some reason. It is confusing the boys and me as it is a hot day today but there is hardly anyone here today. We were all severely confused. I have had some of the boys talking to me over the radio. All of a sudden someone comes running into the tower and says "Someone is drowning in the water."

"Where?" I asked him.

"Just in front of the tower," He said while pointing to where he last saw him.

I then picked up the radio and said "Tower to anyone. Someone is drowning in the water in front of the tower."

"Jethro to Jules. I'm going over there," Jethro said. I then looked through the bino's and saw that he was on his way but I knew that he wouldn't make it so I ran out of the tower and started taking my stuff off. I don't know what happened but I tripped and fell on the sand. I tried to get back up but I couldn't.

When I tried to stand up I managed to stand up but I then fell back onto the sand when I tried to put weight on my ankle. I saw Jethro at the water's edge and was running into the water so I grabbed my radio and said "Jules to the tower."

"Go ahead Jules," I heard Maxi say.

"I can't move. I think I've either broken it or sprained it. I seriously can't put any weight on it," I said.

"Wait till Jethro comes out of the water and then get him to bring you up," Maxi said.

"Okay," I said.

A few minutes later, I see Jethro coming out of the water so I put my hands up and wave them around to catch his attention. I saw him look at me with a confused look on his face. He then got into the buggy and he then drove over to me. Jethro then stops the buggy and asks me "You alright?"

"No. I need you to take me up to the tower. I don't know what I've done to my ankle but I cannot move," I said.

"Ok. Let me help you in," Jethro said while getting out of the buggy and picking me up. He then put me in the passenger seat and drove me up to the tower.

Once we got outside, Maxi was already standing at the bottom of the steps and once Jethro stopped the buggy Maxi walked over to my side and lifted me. He then carried me up the stairs and put me on the medical bed. He then tried to roll my ankle around but it hurt too badly so he then walked up to the front of the tower and did something.

A few minutes I hear Maxi say over the radio "Hop, Jules is down. I've called an ambo for her but there will only be me in the tower when she goes. Do you mind coming down so that if someone needs to leave the tower there will be someone in here?"

"Yeah, I'm on my way down now," Hoppo said.

I don't know how long it was after Hoppo arrived when the ambo turned up. They got me in the back on the ambo and then took me to the hospital.

---Time skip---

3 hours later I have gotten the results from my x-ray on my ankle and I found out that I have fractured my ankle and that it would take up to 8 weeks to heal. They have already put my ankle into a cast and I was discharged around 20 minutes ago. I have to go back in four weeks for a check-up but they said that I couldn't lifeguard for these eight weeks but if I do I will have to be in the tower.

I had to get a taxi back to the tower but once I arrived I paid the man and then I used my crutches to go over to the tower. I knew that I wouldn't have to knock on the door when I get to the tower so I walked in and then walked through the first aid area and got to the railings. I didn't know if the boys heard me or not but when I got there I saw that they were still facing the water so I quietly walked up the stairs and sat down in one of the seats.

I then knew that I had to get their attention so I said "Hey guys."

"Hey Jules," they both said.

I could see the realisation in Hoppo's face. He then turned his head and said "Jules, you're back. How's your ankle?"

"I fractured it so I can't get it wet for around 8 weeks so they said that I can only do tower duty for a while," I said.

"Okay, I'll put you down for tower duty when you are working," Hoppo said.

"Thanks," I said. I then spent the rest of the day in the tower with Hoppo and Maxi and we were just talking while we were keeping an eye on the water.

-------

Thanks for reading this chapter. Thanks to swimnet074 for suggesting this idea. It is a great idea and I like it so much. I don't know anything about having a broken ankle as I have never broken a bone before. Hope you all have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci