Chase - Books

Zoya's POV:

I have been a bookworm since I could read. I don't know why I have had a fascination with books but I do. I have been collecting books for ages so they have now started to take up a lot of space in my apartment. I have to have a room just for my books now.

I am thankful that I am crafty as I have had to make many bookshelves for me to store my books. I have a dedicated room just for my book. Chase has started getting annoyed with me for the number of books that I have.

I was currently sitting at home, reading Five Feet Apart. I have already read this book but I just love the romance that this book contains. I had my legs resting on Chase's lap as he was watching something on the TV. I wasn't paying attention to what he was watching as I wanted to finish this book. I was close to finishing it as I only had 50 pages left. I was already crying but my eyes weren't blurry enough for me not to finish reading the book. I managed to finish the book in 5 minutes and once I put the book down, I got up to grab another book but before I could walk away Chase grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. He then said, "We need to talk."

I knew that this might be bad as Chase has never said those words to me. I then sat up properly and asked "What do we need to talk about?"

"You and your books," Chase said, bluntly.

"What about it?" I asked.

"I want to spend time with you but every time we are together, you have a book on you and your reading," Chase said. "I want to be able to talk to you."

"Ok. I will," I said. "I won't read when you are around."

"Also, you have to stop reading at work as well," Chase said. "It's annoying Hoppo and several others."

"Yes. Ok. Anything else?" I asked.

"Yes. Could you get rid of some of your books?" Chase asked.

I wasn't looking at him when he said that but once he said that I slowly turned to look at him and said "What. Did. You. Just. Ask."

"If you could get rid of some of your books," Chase said.

"Why in all names that's holy would I do that for?" I ask.

"So that I would have somewhere to put my stuff if I could move in," Chase said.

I had to think about what he said for a bit as I didn't understand it but eventually, I did. "Are you asking if you can move in with me?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"Yes, I am," Chase said. "So can I move in with you?" I now had a lot of tears in my eyes and they were also rolling down my cheeks. Before I could do or say anything, Chase started wiping the tears off my cheeks. "Sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry."

"These aren't sad tears. They're happy tears," I said. I then started nodding. "Yes. Yes, you can move in with me. But why my house?"

"We're always here and most of my clothes are here as well because you keep stealing them," Chase pointed out.

"That's fair but you do have to understand that because you are moving in with me then you will most likely see lots of my books dotted around the house though," I said.

"Yes, and I expect that to happen. It is one of the reasons that I fell in love with you because you love books so much so there will be an extreme amount around the house because you have either read them or are currently reading them," Chase explained.

I then looked at him with love in my eyes while also just staring at him because this was the first time he ever said that he loved me. I then snapped out of it and then said "I love you too."

---------

Thanks for reading this chapter. Also thanks to  for getting me to write a chapter for this book. I have had this planned for a while but they suggested what lifeguard it should be and that it should be fluff but they let me have full reigns on this chapter mostly.