Pilot 8

The smile on JJ's face faded instantly.

He sat up and looked into my eyes for a moment, causing me to stare back. His face was lit with yellow and gold from the fire a few feet away. He looked almost like a greek god watching over me, protecting me from any evil. The moonlight was illuminating his steel-blue eyes. The light hit them in a way that made it seem like his eyes were the ocean.

Filled with deep secrets and countless amounts of beauty.

He finally spoke after what felt like a lifetime of staring at each other, "You know you could have anyone right," He took a deep breath as he said this, regretting his words before he even had spoken them. "your the princess of the pogues, fucken hell you're the Sarah Cameron of the cut." Frustration had taken over as he continued. "Honestly, even some of the kooks would probably fall to the floor if you even looked in their direction."

"Okay, okay, you done boosting my ego yet?" I chuckled at his stupidity. I knew he was just doing this to wind me up, make me fall to my knees and tell him that I only wanted him, that type of shit. I continued before he could reply, " One of them might have to do one day, but for right now, I'm good just the way it is."

"Having a crush on me? your good with that?" He chuckled. I knew that's what he wanted me to say, it was true, of course, but he didn't need to know that.

"No, I'm not good with that. But you don't feel the same way, so it's just gonna have to be like that." I replied with a snap and turned my head back up to the sky.

He hesitated for a moment, contemplating his next words very carefully. "It's not that I don't feel the same way. I can't Lou."

My heart sank through my chest. I looked over at JJ and said, "Did John B say something? bec-"

He interrupted me mid-sentence and said, "No, John B didn't say shit, so don't get pissed at him, alright..." he took a deep breath and contemplated for a moment ", I just can't do that to him." He settled back down next to me again and looked up, "Without him, I'd probably be dead in a ditch somewhere or on my way to prison. After all the times he's saved my ass, after everything he's done for me, I just go and get with his sister?"

It wasn't that he didn't want to. It was that he couldn't.

"Look, I feel the same way about you. Since I was younger, I pictured us getting married," He paused for a moment, "don't ever mention that" He laughed at himself. "I just wasn't stupid enough to tell Kie."

I couldn't take it anymore. I had been in love with this boy for god knows how long, and he just told me he felt the same way. The only thing standing in the way of us being together was my over caring brother.

"Just shut up," I said as I kissed him gently. The touch of his soft lips against mine was smooth, and for a short moment, everything that had been going on completely disappeared. The world had stopped, and all that was left was my heart beating out of my chest.

"Fuck it." He whispered under his breath after I pulled away.

My arm wrapped around his neck as he grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him as His lips connected with mine once again. This time with passion. His lips moved in sync with mine, like nothing I had experienced before. His hand moved to my thigh from my waist, gripping my leg intensely. At that moment, Jax ran over to us, dripping wet.

Jax had decided to take himself swimming since we were preoccupied. The dog jumped on us, covering me in water in the process. Causing us to pull away laughing.

"JAX!" I exclaimed as he licked my face.

"Sorry, Jax. I didn't mean to steal your girl like that." JJ laughed

I stood up and took my soaked jersey off. I had my white crop top on from earlier and a pair of random sweatpants. The air was warm, but a slight breeze made my skin shiver from the sudden exposure.

"Here, take my jumper," JJ said as he noticed the goosebumps on my arms.

"Thanks," I said as I sat back down. I was in complete shock at what had just happened. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would end up making out with JJ Maybank.

JJ noticed the look of shock written all over my face and said, "What, have you never been kissed before?"

I shook my head to snap myself out of my thought and replied, "No, actually, not like that. I've pecked a few tourons, but."

"Well, I'm glad I was the first person to kiss you." He smiled, obviously proud of his accomplishment.

"Oh, shut it." I laughed at his stupidity as I laid back down next to him. "I'm guessing John B can't know about that, can he?" I asked

"For his own good," JJ replied, "and for ours."

-

We fell asleep after talking for hours about who would be better as a couple. Kie and John B or Pope and Kie. The overall decision was that John B and Pope would end up together. They did have a pretty cute bromance going on.

I woke up with JJ arms around me and Jax curled up in a cute ball beside me. I could honestly get used to this.