When All has Gone Wrong You'll Have My Hand

Ok, so I've never been too fond of the yandere trope, but also it kills me inside when I come across it and it's literally the same plot with the same awful dialogue, and it makes me want to attempt writing it myself to see if I could better. And yeah I finally snapped so, I'm attempting this.
Enjoy

Haytham Kenway x Reader

Far off, winding into an isolated mountain resided a gorgeous town, built with Ancient Greek architecture that remained standing in pristine condition, despite time's attempts at decaying it's form. It's residents were to thank for that, they loved their home dearly and did well to preserve it over the ages, no matter how many generations of people came and went. It seemed like the perfect place for an ex assassin and his precious little sister-in-law to retire to after many dangerous dances with death itself.

And for a while it was perfect, but nothing lasts forever. The grip of the red cross was relentless and hungry, and it would have what it desired, and more.

"Mr. Connaly, please, that's hardly a challenge," you laughed, your voice melodious as ever. Bending down slightly, you let slide several trays of tankards, filled to the brim with ale, down the 8ft long dining table before you. The men, sitting along the sides of the finely carved piece of furniture, all cheered at your display of skill as it never got old. You had been a waitress here at the 'Singing Serpent' for a few months now. You and your brother moved here in the dead of winter, hoping that the snowstorms would keep you out of sight and reach from the Templars. And it did, it made for an arduous journey, that was most certain, but it was worth it. Immediately the townsfolk welcomed you in, aiding you and your brother in finding a home and nursing you back to health, given as both of you were nearly starved to death and frostbitten. Of course your brother-in-law was closer to walking through death's door, what with him still recovering from his final mission that left him partially robbed of his sight and the ability to move his right arm.

Luckily though, there were some incredible people here, despite how small the population was on this mountain. You both were fixed up in under a month as if nothing ever happened. Upon your health being restored to its fullest, the town threw a celebration here, it was unlike anything you had seen. You look over to the large stage, carved out of the same polished cedar as the rest of the dining hall. The laughter and cheering still echoed through your mind as you recalled that joyful night.

It left you with a warm smile as you continued to go above and beyond to perform your job. This was definitely home now, no more looking back in fear.

Or so you thought.

Humming to yourself, you now swept along the ever expanding stage as evening approached, wondering what your brother-in-law might be cooking for tonight. He was an exquisite cook, and a creative fellow at that, put those two together with his traveling experiences and you've got deliciously exotic dishes of different ethnicities, masterfully joined together to make a meal fit for a goddess. Just thinking about it had you salivating just a tad bit, but you were quickly snapped from your food fantasies upon hearing your name being called out.

"(Y/n)!"
It was Mr. Conally. He was leaning against the bar from far across the hall, along with what looked like his daughter. Despite his seemingly English name, he was actually of Nordic descent, it was what inspired the design of this place. It still blew you away to think that he and his wife alone built it, it was so massive, the walls seemed to go at least 20ft high if not more, and the arched ceilings were beyond gorgeous, the design of the large overhead glass opening looking ahead of its time.