When All Has Gone Wrong You'll Have My Hand pt.3

You were now in your kitchen preparing a pot of tea for your expected company as Haytham went on his way to go fetch his secondhand man.

You decided to boil up a pot of some slightly narcotic herbs to dull your guest's senses a bit, so perhaps he may not take notice of anything you forgot to hide.

You weren't certain it would have any effect on him since he could very well be resistant to such things as you were, but still it didn't hurt to take precautions.

Then with a sudden knocking you left the kitchen and made for the door, supressing a slight shiver of anxiety.  Then you took hold of the knob and opened the door, greeted by another surprisingly handsome face.

Honestly most Templars you crossed paths with were often fat or bulky looking pigs with perverted smiles painted on their crooked faces, so what was up with this men. Is this the pretty boy squad or something?

"Are ye the lass Master Kenway sent me for?" The man asked, looking towards you with a tinge of suspicion in his eyes.

"Yes, that would be me. I'm sorry, I insisted that I was fine on my own, but I'm afraid my will was not strong enough against Mr. Kenway," you explain with a laugh.

Your guest was unamused, so much for being a cheerful fellow.

"Well anyway, please come in, I hate to you leave you out there any longer," you said, stepping aside to let the man in. He nodded as he walked in past you, and so with that you closed the door behind him and mentally prepared yourself for whatever might happen from here on out.

"Please take a seat, I have some tea at the ready if you'd like," you offered.

"Sure," the man grumbled as he settled down into the wooden chair.

"Oh by the way, I feel awful for not introducing myself, I'm (Y/n) (L/n), sir," you introduced yourself with a slight bow as you handed the man a steaming cup.

"Shay Cormac, thank you, miss," he replied taking it into his hand.

With that you settled down across from him with your own cup in hand, taking a sip.

"So, Mr. Cormac, what exactly brings you men here? You don't exactly look like our typical merchant traders."

"Right you are, we're on the lookout for a runaway man, though I'm afraid I can not disclose further than that," Shay said.

"I see, do you do this often?"
You asked.

Shay just hummed in a questioning manner, waiting for you to futher elaborate.

"You know, sailing around, hunting down dangerous men, living the thrilling life out on the frontier."

At that Shay finally gave some rise and laughed a short bit. "I suppose it has become more consistent as of late. You seem to have quite the adventurous mind to see it in such a light for a little lass like you."

"Hey now, I've gone on quite a few adventures myself for the little lass I am," you replied with a scoff.

"Oh, have you now? And just what might those so called adventures entail?" Shay sassed, sounding strangely tipsy?