Doorbell Ditch Mr. Nebbercracker's House

I was watching some horror movie when the phone starts ringing. I reached over and picked up the phone to answer. "Hello?" I look back at the tv to watch the horny teenager in the movie, get murder by the masked killer.

"(Name), where's your Mom?" DJ asked me. "Simple hello, would have been fine." I said glancing over at the clock. "She got called into work 20 minutes ago. Probably won't be back till like 5 in the morning again." I answered, turning back to the tv.

"Meet me and Chowder at the construction site." He told me. "Now? I'm at the best part!" I said, watching the killer go on a murder spree. "I'm serious, (Name)." I let out a groan. "Fine! But you owe me." I hanged up the phone and turn off the tv. "I can't believe this."

I made it to the construction site just as DJ was running up. "This better be good, DJ." I told him, as he ran up to join me by the fence. "It is trust me." I lift up and lose bored, and gesturing for DJ to climb through. "Ladies first." I told him, making him roll his eyes. "Very funny." He said slipping on through, before I went on through next.

"Chowder." DJ called out as we begin looking around for our other friend. "Chowder." I called out as well. We reached the edge of the empty lake. Hearing a horn blaring, made DJ jump. "Heat seeker!" Chowder yelled, we turn around to see he was in an excavator, playing with the controls.

"Chowder, what are you doing?" DJ asked, climbing up inside the excavator. "Shut up." He then said getting Chowder to stop goofing around. "What?" Chowder asked, as I climb up inside the excavator as well. "Who peed in your cereal to tonight?" I asked DJ.

"Nebbercracker's back from the dead." He told us. "No way." Chowder said shocked. "Yeah." DJ replied with a nod. "They leave the keys in here." Chowder said, reaching pass us and grabbing the keys. "You dare me?" He asked, dangling the keys. "Oh yeah!" I told him, Chowder smiles and stars to put the keys them in.

"Guys, you're not listening to me! Nebbercracker's haunting me, all right? His blood is on my hands. And now he's coming back for revenge." DJ told us. "You're really crazy right now. Have you noticed that?" Chowder asked him. "Yeah, you probably just had a bad dream and peed the bed. It happen man." I told him.

"I'm not a bedwetter!" He declared, getting red in the face from embarrassment. "Yeah, sure." I said patting his shoulder. "I'm serious! I didn't dream Nebbercracker calling my phone!" DJ said, pushing my hand off.

"I think you're just freaking out because you killed a guy today. Life goes on. For you. Try and relax. Be cool, like me." Chowder said, leaning on the controls to act cool. Which causes his the excavator to start moving, making him scream.

"Chowder, what are you doing? Make it stop!" DJ said taking the keys out, to making the excavator to stop moving. "Quit screwing around. I need your help. Both of you." He said, putting the keys back. Chowder and I looked at each other. "Fine. You want our help?" Chowder asked, looking at DJ again. "Yeah." He answered. "I got three words for you: Trick or treat." He told him. "Okay. Whatever. Let's go."

We made it back to DJ's street and ran up and behind one of Nebbercracker's trees. "Hold on." Chowder said, stopping to catch his breath. "Chowder, come on." DJ whisper, getting our friend to join us behind the tree. "The haunting is subtle. Yet, really really boring. Can I go home now?" Chowder asked. "Chowder, shh! He'll hear you."

"DJ..." I said, stepping away from the tree, and running m hand down my face tiredly. "You really made me missed the chainsaw scene to watch an empty house? This is why everyone thinks we're losers! Look, I'll go ding-dong ditch the house, and you'll see. No ghost!" I said, coming out from behind the tree, and stepping onto the lawn.

"(Name), stop, please!" DJ said, trying to grab my arm to stop me. But I avoid his hand and continued to walk across the lawn. "(Name), I'm serious. (Name), come back. Come back here, please, (Name). Come on!"

I ignore DJ and keeps going, soon coming across a beer bottle that sat on the lawn. I pick up the bottle, and look back at my friends. "Oh, no! A bottle." Chowder and I chuckle, while DJ continue to be paranoid. "(Name), put that down!" I toss the bottle aside and kept going. "Come back, please!"

Reaching the house, I step onto the porch, towards the door, but stop and turn around to face DJ and Chowder again. "Hey guys, who am I?" I then do a imitation of Nebbercracker. "Get off my laaaaawn!" Chowder laughs at my impression. "Don't. Come on."

I then pretend to be choking and makes a gagging face at DJ. I giggle and turns towards the door again and ring the doorbell, which sounds unnaturally normal. I face DJ again and smiles. "Hmm."

Suddenly, the doorbell rings ominously, and I nervously turns around again. The shades on the house's second floor windows open and the lights turn on. A sound of wood cracking is heard, making me gulp and step back, unease. Without warning, the front door flies open, several feet away, the floor boards tilt downwards into what appears to be a mouthful of teeth as the entry hallway illuminates in green light, and a carpet rises up.

I gasp and scream, as teeth-like pieces of wood appear in the upper and lower parts of the doorway; the house's roof and window shades tilt into what looks like a murderous glare. The carpet then comes straight towards me, like a chameleon's tongue.

Terrified, I turn and jumps down from the porch and ran away from the house as fast as I could. "MOVE IT! (NAME)! GET OUT OF THERE! COME ON! COME ON! (NAME), COME HERE!" DJ and Chowder screamed, running onto the sidewalk and in front of the house.

I reaches the end of the sidewalk leading to the house. The carpet, having gone as far as it can go, slithers back into the house. I crash right into DJ and Chowder, with all three of us falling on to the sidewalk. DJ and I looks back at the house, which roars at us. We all scream as we turn and crawl into the street. "GUYS, THIS WAY!" We get to our feet and ran back to DJ's house, screaming, and push open the front door. "DON'T LOOK BACK!"

Chowder, having enter the house last, glances back at Nebbercracker's house, which looks normal again for a split second, then goes back to looking like a monster. He screams and closes the door. "I LOOKED BACK!" Unable to help glancing at the haunted house, he screams before slamming the door closed.

We ran up to DJ's bedroom pulling down the blinds, only to peek out through them. Outside, the house looked normal again, you almost couldn't tell it was alive. "That houses just tried to eat me!" I said, stepping away from the window to sit down on the bed.

"And it scared you. I thought you never get scared." Chowder said, looking back at me. "Anyone would be scared of that.... that... Monster House!" I said, pointing at the wall. "I told you, guys. Nebbercracker, was back from the dead. And now his ghost is possessing the house!" DJ told us.

"Well, then why did he tried to eat me? I didn't killed him, you did!" I said. "Nebbercracker, always hated kids." DJ told me. "Yeah, it's a surprise he even was one, once." Chowder added. "So, then... what do we do?" I asked, DJ place his hand on his chin in thought.

"We'll watch the house." He said, grabbing his telescope and setting it up. "Wait for it to move again." He said, pulling a stool over to sit down and look through it. "And if is tries to eat anyone else, we'll stop it!"