Under Arrest

DJ, Chowder, Jenny, and I cross the street towards Nebbercracker's house. DJ, Jenny, and I were hiding in trash cans, while Chowder pushes a fourth trash can, containing our cold-medicine-filled dummy. As we made our way across the street, Chowder hums to himself. "Chowder!" Jenny whispered from inside her trash can. "Quiet." DJ told him. "Your going to give us away." I added. "Sorry."

When we finally reached the curb, Chowder open his trash can to pull out the dummy. "Whoopsie-daisy." He then carries the dummy over to it's spot, at the end of the sidewalk, that led up to Nebbercracker's house. "All right, little vacuum-cleaner dummy, I'm gonna move you into position. You don't be scared. That's not how I trained you. I love you, vacuum-cleaner dummy."

"Chowder, come on." DJ said, getting Chowder to crawls back to his hiding spot. "Okay." DJ knocks on the lid of Jenny's trash can. She emerges, armed with a slingshot, and aims a marble at the doorbell, which hits it, causing it to ring. "Yes."

The house opens its window eyes from upstairs. "Trick or treat." Chowder said, in a high itched voice for the house. "Plug it in." I whisper to Chowder. Chowder holds up the vacuum cleaner cord and the extension cord and puts them together. The vacuum cleaner turns on with a whir and begins moving towards the house. DJ, Jenny, and I silently watch from our trash cans, as Chowder moves the extension cord.

The house opens the front door and the wooden teeth appear, then the tongue-carpet extends and lays flat. The dummy is just mere inches from the house when the cops drive up. Seeing them, the house immediately retracts its tongue. The cop car drives right over the extension cord, unplugging it. The house goes back to normal, as the cops drive past and park their car slightly on the curb. DJ shakes his head in frustration and disappointment. "So close."

The officer opens his car door and steps out of the car, walking towards the us. "Littering, loitering, vandalism, vagrancy..." His partner gets out of the car to join him. "And treason!" He added. "No, not treason." The officer told him. "You sure? Because in the book..."

"I'm sure. All right, kids, out of the trash cans. Let's go." DJ, Jenny, and I climb out of our trash cans, as the partner held up a flashlight. "Come on. You heard the big guy. You see the light. Walk towards it. Come on, keep it moving. All right, drop your weapons. Pass them to me. Come on."

We drop our water guns at his feet, making him jump. "I will shoot you." He told us. "We're kids. I don't think that will look good on the news." I told him. "Don't test me girl!" He said shining the light in my eyes.

"Well, lookie we got here. You stay here, I'm checking this out." The officer said looking at the extension cord that led up to our dummy. He begins following the cord, leading us with his partner.

"I am on it. Y'all think something's funny?" He then shines his flashlight in Jenny's eyes as we watch silently. "You testing me? Huh, tough girl? You disrespecting the badge? You don't want none of this. I'm telling you. Test me. Please. Y'all wanna test me? I am the police. I know you're a thug. Them brown eyes... I see it in your eyes." He then shines his flashlight in Chowder's eyes, making him squint. "You got something to say, Porky, huh? Dee-buh dee-buh?"

"That's it, we're taking them in." The officer said, coming back. "That's what I'm talking about. Where we taking them?" His partner asked, as the officer puts his nightstick back in his belt. "To jail. Let's go." We all gasp in horror at the sound of this.

The officer grabs DJ's and Jenny's arms and walks them to the police car while his partner grabs Chowder and I. "You hear that? You guys are going to jail."

"But, officer, you've gotta believe us!" DJ said, as the officer opens the car door to the backseat. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, 2-percent, you got the right to shut up." He said forcing DJ into the car. "Okay, the house is a monster." Jenny told him. "And to think I believed you." The partner said, as she in push into the car. "Ow."

"If you do this, so many kids are going to die tonight!" I said, but it just went in one ear and out the other. The officer grab me and push me into the car, as DJ and Jenny scoot over for me. "Hey, listen, I'm with you guys. My cousin's a cop in Milwaukee." DJ and Jenny fold their arms, frustrated by our bad luck, as Chowder is push into the car to join us. "I mean, kind of a cop. He has a gun."

"Yeah. They're gonna love you downtown, Jughead." The officer said, as his partner puts our water guns at our feet and closes the door. It was really tight in here, with all four of us in the back seat. There was absolutely no leg room at all.

"We, we are supercops." He told the officer. "Yeah. That's why I live in a condo." The partner walks around to his side of the car. "Supercop. Super-duper-duper-cop. Super..." Just as he is about to get in the car, he hears a sound coming from the house and looks up. "You hear that?"

"That's my stomach. I'm starving." The officer answered. "No, no. That sounds like the dangerous creature. I'm gonna go check it out." The partner closes his car door and excitedly runs up to the house. "Oh, my gosh. This is like trying to wrangle a puppy. All right, I'll be back." The officer closes his car door with annoyance and follows his partner to the house.

All four of us pounding on the window and shouted. "YOU GUYS, STOP! HEY, GUYS! NO! GET OUT OF THERE! NO, DON'T GO IN THERE!" The partner positions himself on the right of the front door with his gun at the ready as the officer walks to the left side with an annoyance.

The partner makes some subtle hand and body movements and looks at the officer, stares blankly at him. The partner then moves away from the door, and rolls to the left side of the lawn. "STOP! STOP! HEY! HEY! COME ON! YOU DON'T WHAT'S UP WITH THAT HOUSE!" We screamed, but continue to be ignored.

The officer then walks down the steps to the right-hand side of the house. On the left side, the partner he jumps, turning around as he wins his gun at a tree. He walks closer to the tree and without warning... the tree bends down and takes his gun, causing him to freak out and run for it. "HEY, WHAT YOU DOING? YOU CAN'T DO THAT! NOT TO AN OFFICER, BROTHER! THAT IS ILLEGAL!" The tree grabs him, as we scream from inside the car.

The officer, hearing his partner scream, runs around to the front of the house. "I'M COMING, BUDDY! The tree swing the partner around, like he was a toy. "PUT ME DOWN!" He told the tree that continued to play with him.

"I'M GONNA GO GET BACKUP!" The officer told him. "I THOUGHT THERE WAS NO BACKUP!" His partner said. The officer points at the car while looking up at his partner. "I'M GETTING JUDY!"

He turns and runs for the car but unfortunately, the house's tongue-like carpet comes out as the house glares at him and grabs him around the waist, causing him to fall onto the lawn. "JUDY!" The carpet drags him into the house. The four of us gasp in shock, then look in horror at the partner screams. "HEEEEEELP!" The tree throws him into the open front door. "MAMA!" The house snaps its door mouth closed.

We look up out the window, as the house goes back to normal. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God! I think I'm having a stroke!" Chowder cried. "Just try to stay calm, okay? We'll be all right if we just stay calm." Jenny told us.

Suddenly, the tree closest to the car slams down and grabs it. We all scream as the branches wrap themselves around the car, smashing the back window, then lift it off the ground. The house roars at us. "I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!" Chowder screamed.

The next tree grabs hold of the car, moving it closer to the house, which roars again. We scream again as the house extends its teeth over the porch and starts chomping on the car. "Jenny, (Name)," Chowder fearfully puts his hand on my leg. "I've always loved both of you!" Jenny and I screams as the car is chomped in half. "CHOWDER!" Chowder removed his hand from my leg. "SORRY!"

The front half of the car goes down the throat, the tongue-like carpet grabs the rear half of the car, pulling it towards the throat. "I CAN'T LOOK! MOMMY!" Chowder screamed, as our water guns fell out of the car and onto the floor. The car's rear half tilts downwards into the throat, where the numerous teeth are eager to feast on the car and us inside.

DJ glances out the broken rear window as Chowder, Jenny, and I sit there, paralyzed with fear. "YOU GUYS! COME ON, LET'S GO!" We jump out the rear window as the car goes down the throat and made a run for the door. But we could get out the door, it closes, trapping us inside.