The New Girl

We stayed up all night, keeping an eye on the house. Mountain Dew bottles filled with something other than Mountain Dew are all over the floor as Chowder sits on the stool with his cape over his head, gazing through the telescope at the house with the window open and the blinds closed.

I laid on the bed, playing with the camera we were going to use to get a photo of the house in monster mode. However the house didn't move at all, since last night. DJ was sleepily sitting at his desk, when his watch beeps.

"8 AM. No detectable movement." Chowder said, with a yawn. "No detectable movement." DJ repeated, writing it down, in his notes. Zee, DJ's babysitter enters the room. "Hey, DJ, I brought you some chocolate."

"Shh!" DJ told her, as Chowder turns around, lifting his cape up, to hiss at her. Zee, turns on the light, causing to shield my eyes and Chowder to fall off the stool as DJ runs over to turn it off. "Cover blown?" Chowder returns to the telescope, to check the house. He sighs with annoyance. "No detectable movement!"

"What are you three weirdos up to?" Zee asked us. "Oh, nothing." I said, tossing the camera aside as I sat up. "Yeah." Chowder said, walking up to Zee. "Just something in the house across the street JUST TRIED TO EAT US!" He does a monster-like gesture with his hand as he speaks.

Zee picks up one of the bottles on the floor, as DJ talks. "Yeah. We've been up all night watching it. We haven't even left this room once. Not even to go to the bathroom." He points at the bottle in Zee's hand. "Don't drink that."

"Ugh, gross. Whatever disease you guys have, I'm sure it's got letters, and that they make pills for it." Zee said, putting the bottle back down with a look up disgust. "Hey! I used the toilet. I'm not an animal." I told her.

"Zee, it's true! There's something evil going on across the street!" DJ told her. "That's excellent. I'm really happy for you. Anyway, um... have you three astronomers seen Bones? He left last night unexpectedly, and... he never came back."

"He never came back?" DJ asked, Zee shakes her head. I then remember the beer bottle, that I found on Nebbercracker's lawn. "The bottle." I said, causing the boys to look at me shocked. "Of course!" DJ said.

"Oh, okay, you know what? I don't have time for this." Zee said, getting annoyed. Chowder gets up and walks up to Zee with an uneasy look on his face. "Listen, Zee, I don't know how to tell you this..."

"Your boyfriend has most likely been eaten alive." DJ told her, Zee's eyes widen. "Sherry Klausen. I gotta go." She thrusts a candy bars at DJ. "Breakfast. Happy Halloween, losers." She turns and leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

The three of us look at each other in disappointment. Chowder resumes monitoring the house while DJ places the chocolate bars on the desk and resumes taking notes. I laid back on the bed, to continue playing with the camera.

"Hello." DJ and I glance at Chowder, who was smirking. "What?" DJ he gets up. "What is it?" He asked. "Oh. Nothing." Chowder answered, with a smile. "Let me see." DJ pushes against Chowder, as he tries to see what he's smiling about.

I sat up starring at them, when they both sigh dreamily. "What are you two looking at?" I asked getting up from the bed. "Nothing." Chowder answered. "Yeah, nothing." DJ said, as they went back to look. "Nothing my butt." I said, marching up to them. "Move!" I push the boys aside, so I could look through the telescope.

As I look through, I saw a girl with red hair, with braided hair, dragging a wagon of candy behind her. "Geez." I groan. I should have known they're slopping over another girl. I turn the telescope to the right, focusing on the 'Beware' sign on Nebbercracker's lawn, that disappear under the grass.