Chapter 1

Big]!!! Madison, my mother screamed. Get out of bed before I cursed you this morning. I woke up quickly, my mom is a nice person, but at the same time, she can be quite intimidating. Then I cursed "Damn." Why do people even go to school I
moan?

Then I remembered that my mother woke me up this morning. I was confused and started wondering why the alarm didn't wake me up. I then went to see if it was broken, checked, and made sure everything was in order, I then proceeded to go take a shower. Before my mom skins me alive that was a bit of an exaggeration, but my mom was a "don't mess with me when am dead serious" kind of person.

I took my shower and got dressed. I wore my favorite black jacket, black pants, and black shoes, my parents even till now still don't understand my obsession with black.

I can't understand it either, but I love it anyway. I wear other colors but black just happens to be my favorite, so I comb my shiny dark brown hair, tied it in a low ponytail, carried my bag, and went downstairs.

When I went downstairs, my parents and younger brother were already preparing food. I left my bag and greeted my parents with a morning mom, morning dad. My Mom then mumbled with an eye roll. " Took you long enough," I replied sheepishly Sorry mom. “Hi Dad,” I said. He answered with a smile. How was your night dear? I answered amazing dad with a bright smile. My 10-year-old brother Anthony started grumbling mum am so hungry, that I responded by rolling my eyes to emphasize!!  You are always hungry. Then he stuck out his tongue and replies at least I'm not as thin as you.

I then hit him on the head with a spoon, saying that I was not thin, and frowns in response. And u better not say am thin or else. he then proceeded to challenge me or else what? Then I answered with a smile and said you will know when the time is right, so don't worry !!!. Then I laughed to myself, knowing I had succeeded in scaring him.

My Dad then laughed at our bickering and shook his head at the both of us. Mom left her sandwich with a cup of tea, and frowned, asking Madison why are u wearing an all-black suit today.

But mom I said she then cut me off, saying as she raised her hand and said that she didn’t want to hear anything. Go upstairs and get changed immediately.

I then reluctantly went to change and went downstairs.

I quickly rushed my breakfast as my mom rushed us saying she is not getting to work late because of the both of us. We both then hurried our breakfast as my mom dropped us both at school.

I was surprised I got to school early even though I woke up late I was 5min early before classes started.

it didn't take long before spotting my best friend Emma as I waved at her and then slightly yelled "Emma" she turned.

Hi Madison she said

I saw the joy written on her face I know for a fact that she is a  very cheerful person but can be excessively emergetic sometimes. I even began to wonder at a point in time at the beginning of our friendship if her mom took steroids when pregnant with her because jeez she was always high on energy.

I often even wonder how such a person like her store's tons of energy in that small body of hers

You know what Madison she asked!!??  "what,"  I asked again getting distracted I began to wonder I just couldn't fathom her personality.

Most times she can be this hyperactive, energetic, and overly  cheerful kind of person, and other times she can be very level headed and calm

  she started talking almost jumping I knew for a fact that they were nothing I could do it say would make her less hyperactive. So I just let her speak

Before she could even start telling me what's on her mind lectures had begun.

The lessons went well, but in all these lessons I didn’t even pay attention to what the teacher was saying and just thought about tomorrow.